Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caravan Load Limits

+2
Nightjar
boobook
6 posters

Go down

Caravan Load Limits Empty Caravan Load Limits

Post by Guest Fri 16 Mar 2018, 5:50 am

I heard on the grape vine that the police/weights and measures mob? are going to be targeting caravans this coming season, setting up inspection points on the northern, eastern, and coastal highways, and checking weight limits, overloading and so on and they will probably be checking suss looking trailers as well, good time to check if your rig is legal before you hit the road, if they catch you overweight you may have to leave the missus on the side of the road, cheers it may be just a furphy but better safe than sorry.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Caravan Load Limits Empty Re: Caravan Load Limits

Post by boobook Fri 16 Mar 2018, 5:58 am

For some of the rigs seen on the road its about time. Massively oversized, overweight for the vehicle towing them. So often a travelling disaster looking for somewhere to happen.
Mike
boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Fri 16 Mar 2018, 8:09 am

A couple of coppers warned me at the Eagle Service Station in Coolgardie that the "mermaids" were on the out skirts of town stopping caravaners back in 2013. Had nothing to worry about and they waved me through anyway.

Caravan Load Limits Signature2

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by rusty gates Fri 16 Mar 2018, 4:21 pm

On our way back home on Tuesday, we passed a late model Toyota Hilux towing a late model Toyota Hilux on a car trailer...looked a bit overweight for the towing vehicle...but I could be wrong!

rusty gates

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 16 Mar 2018, 7:30 pm

Geezuz the government must be desperate for money if they are doing this BS now.
What they should be doing is concentrating on road trains doing more than the allowed 100kph limit. lots of dollars to be picked up there.
But I'm sure there are some caravans and trailers overloaded so, lets hope this is not a true story.
And why are mining companies allowed to run road trains on major roads/highways with more than 3 trailers ??
more than 2 sets of rules in this state, money talks and the rest pay the penalty

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mada Fri 16 Mar 2018, 9:05 pm

Not before time, I seen some shockers over the last few years. Even to day heading back to perth on the south west hwy. I saw a dual cab ute (looked like a BT50) towing and enormous 5th wheeler trailer. There is no way in hell that would be legal. This thing was almost a BB class. I have never seen anything so ridiculous in my life.

Last edited by mada on Fri 16 Mar 2018, 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

mada

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 16 Mar 2018, 9:20 pm

mada wrote:Not before time, I seen some shockers over the last few years. Even to day heading back to perth on the south west hwy. I saw a dual cab ute (looked like a BT50) towing and enormous 5th wheeler trailer. There is no way in hell that would be legal. This thing was almost a BB class. I have never seen anything so ridiculous in my life.

That I can understand and needs to be investigated but I'm sure most are doing the correct thing. If not, then I can understand the other side also.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiv Sat 17 Mar 2018, 10:39 am

mada wrote:Not before time, I seen some shockers over the last few years. Even to day heading back to perth on the south west hwy. I saw a dual cab ute (looked like a BT50) towing and enormous 5th wheeler trailer. There is no way in hell that would be legal. This thing was almost a BB class. I have never seen anything so ridiculous in my life.
See a lot of this type of set up coming and going out from this caravan park the cooks running and they are legal "JUST" as long as they carry no water, no food, no extra fuel. think you have to be mad to drag a 5th wheeler be hind a ute, better of with a small 4x4 truck and be better on fuel, car with trailers and caravan needs more education and waits & measures as seen some really stupid set ups on the road, just got back from a 2500km trip towing a trailer doing my 100km and not once got over taken by a truck, but every car with a trailer on that come up behind me over took and disappear(including a bt50 towing a car trailer with a cruiser on) of in the distance, had two 24 to 28 foot vans towed by duel cab ute round me up and disappear too. So it about time for the little tow people to get a learned lessons I think. If you know your limits then you know the law and the $$$ stay in your pocket.

Chiv

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down