Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THE HAPPY PROSPECTOR

+26
Blueapps
Nightjar
hippyty
gut feeling
Sandygold
Tekema2
Chiv
red devil
Woteva
Goldendaze
mada
steptoe
Selfy
Nanjim
Bada Bing
Charlie 59
gim
Vivace
Pebbles
captain
goldstrijk
Detectist
Bignuggs
pilbarachad
IsmaelJ
Moneybox
30 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

THE HAPPY PROSPECTOR - Page 3 Empty THE HAPPY PROSPECTOR

Post by Moneybox Thu 09 Feb 2017, 1:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi Guys,

Has anybody tried The Happy Prospector App for Android. I've just got a Samsung tablet with GPS but it won't take Geomap so I need to try another option.

Phil

Back to top Go down

THE HAPPY PROSPECTOR - Page 3 Empty Re: THE HAPPY PROSPECTOR

Post by Chiv Thu 15 Jun 2017, 12:08 pm

So far work quite well for letting you know what is around that has some sorta lease, I drive all over the state very regularly and have been testing Happy Prospector with in relation to speed and position, as some of the ground I see I think should call in and run the detector over it, before I would mark gps and then back to tenements and search. Now cut a lot of time of my pc work.
I have found with my S7 it is very quick on locations no matter where I have been, anything under 60km it scrolls very nice relation to the map. At 80km it gets a bit jumpy and tenements tend to lag abit but not too bad. At a 110km mark (just for giggles) tenements do load but only every now and then but stay on screen and scroll for a while then big lag spike, but that not what this program was for, but very good every where else, most of the outback tracks are 10km to 40 km at best mainly because over grown and have turn into creak as most parts this app works very well, think you on the right path with this app, Blueapps :)

Chiv

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueapps Tue 20 Jun 2017, 2:51 pm

Hi Chiv,

Thanks for the feedback.  It wasn't designed to be used at speeds but good to know it does ok most of the time.

The main reason for writing it was so I could easily check where I was when walking around, as carrying the laptop with GeoMap is a bit hard when detecting.  :)

I've been busy working on a new search interface for Gold Tracker so haven't been able to get much done on the IOS version or any more improvements on the Android version but should get back into it next Month.

Thanks
Kurk
BlueApps
Blueapps
Blueapps

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueapps Tue 20 Jun 2017, 2:52 pm

Tekema2 wrote:I have The Happy Prospector on my Samsung TabA and my S5 phone.
Seems to work well... its basic and you can see where you are in relation to Tenements.
Its a hell of a lot faster than buggering around with Tengraph for hours. Very Happy

Thanks for the feedback.

Kurk
BlueApps
Blueapps
Blueapps

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandygold Tue 20 Jun 2017, 3:42 pm

Hi Blueapps

I will be waiting for " the happy prospector" app for the ipad/iphone
please

Regards
Jen58

Sandygold

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueapps Sat 15 Jul 2017, 7:55 am

Just a quick update.

A new Beta version has been uploaded for those who are part of the Beta test program.

New version should provide better stability on the Map display (Landscape only) plus Tenement ID's can now be displayed as well.

If there's no major problems with it I'll move it over to live mid next week.

Kurk
BlueApps Support
Blueapps
Blueapps

Back to top Go down

THE HAPPY PROSPECTOR - Page 3 Empty The Happy Prospector for the iPhone/iPad

Post by Blueapps Sat 15 Jul 2017, 7:58 am

Sandygold wrote:Hi Blueapps

please

Regards
Jen58

Hi Jen58,

I'll get stuck back into the iPad/iPhone version over the next few weeks, so hopefully it will be available before I head overseas for work in September for 6 weeks.

Kurk

BlueApps Support
Blueapps
Blueapps

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandygold Sun 30 Jul 2017, 7:31 pm

Blueapps wrote:

please

Regards
Jen58

Hi Jen58,

I'll get stuck back into the iPad/iPhone version over the next few weeks, so hopefully it will be available before I head overseas for work in September for 6 weeks.

Kurk

BlueApps Support

That will be great if you get the time.. if not. Doesnt matter.
As we will be back next season..
so hopefully You may have it out and ready for the ios then.
Have a safe trip and dont work too hard Very Happy

Cheers

Sandygold

Back to top Go down

Post by gut feeling Thu 21 Sep 2017, 6:26 am

used DMP on my android phone last week .set it on track me and went straight to pending areas e.t.c Bloody Brill!!!!!!!
gut feeling
gut feeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueapps Fri 05 Jan 2018, 5:20 pm

IMPORTANT NEWS UPATE FOR USERS OF THE HAPPY PROSPECTOR APP

Over the Christmas / New Year break DMIRS (DMP) has made some changes to the file names used in the Data and Software centre, which is where the Tenements information is downloaded from. As a result of this when you try to update your data it will only flash on the screen very quickly and disappear, And the DATA HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED.

A new version of the App will be released hopefully over the weekend which will address this issue.  At this stage DMIRS cannot advise us if the change is a temporary one or permanent so this may happen again in the future.

Unfortunately this is beyond or control but we will rectify the problem with a patch as quickly as possible.

Regards and Happy Prospecting

BlueApps Support
Blueapps
Blueapps

Back to top Go down

THE HAPPY PROSPECTOR - Page 3 Empty CRITICAL UPDATE FOR The Happy Prospector App.

Post by Blueapps Sun 07 Jan 2018, 9:26 pm

New Version of App with Fix for the new DMIRS file config has been uploaded it should go live in the next couple of hours.

Please note: There is a new CRITICAL UPDATE available on the Google Play Store for the Happy Prospector App.

If you do not do the update the Tenement Data will not update and although the App will still run you will not have current Data.

Also this update incorporates a new offline map instead of a mix of online/offline to remove the issues with the App freezing while trying to download the online maps.

Once installed you will be prompted to accept the download of the new map when you open the App.. If you don't download it the App won't work.

Processing of the Tenements Data file is a bit slower than before with the new formats, but we are working on that.

The colouring remains the same Red is Live, and Light Blue is Pending, any other shade of blue or red is a live under or over a pending. If in doubt make sure before you go prospecting.

This version also has the option to lock the screen rotation while on the map screen.

We have physically tested it on a Telstra ZTE as well as some Samsung devices, and the Lenovo Tab3 7.

Unfortunately the requirement to update has been forced upon us by the change in file formats from DMIRS and there is nothing we can do about it.
Blueapps
Blueapps

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiv Fri 12 Jan 2018, 7:07 am

Thanks for up dates :)
have updated and works a treat

Last edited by Chiv on Fri 12 Jan 2018, 8:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added)

Chiv

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueapps Wed 17 Jan 2018, 3:54 pm

We have also been advised that DMIRS will now keep the old file links live for 3 months so that people are not stuck with outdated data and no way to update. BUT You will still need to update the App.
Blueapps
Blueapps

Back to top Go down

Post by Flatlander Sun 18 Feb 2018, 3:41 am

Happy prospector is going 2 b at one of the days for APLA Iv got samsung tabet 8 ive geo veiw up and going i just gping 2 take sceen shoot of map before goig out with all info on it the let gps ,hema,vms take over ps coming over wa in may all going well first time and contacts though num etc though dept mines

Flatlander

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun 18 Feb 2018, 7:24 am

Hey Flatlander, can you say all that in English?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Chiv Sun 18 Feb 2018, 8:19 am

Bit hard to read but I use happy prospector, very easy to use and saves a lot mucking around on pc. Now that I use H.P. a lot on my travels looking around, then if I find a patch and its looking good. I then jump on pc and do all the usual searches, H.P. is good for finding the boundaries of all them leases. Take care coming across the paddock, seen to many close calls as of late out there.

Chiv

Back to top Go down

Post by Flatlander Sun 18 Feb 2018, 1:16 pm

Sorry nightjar bit of rush today did,nt proof read it, my stuff up

Flatlander

Back to top Go down

THE HAPPY PROSPECTOR - Page 3 Empty The Happy Prospector PRo for IOS Iphone/Ipad

Post by Blueapps Sun 25 Mar 2018, 2:20 pm

Blueapps wrote:

please

Regards
Jen58

Hi Jen58,

Kurk

BlueApps Support

Hi Jen,

IOS Version has gone live today.

Regards

Kurk
Blueapps
Blueapps

Back to top Go down

Post by hippyty Sun 25 Mar 2018, 7:01 pm

Congratulations Kurk on your efforts on making your app available to Apple users, downloaded today and it was well worth the wait.
Looking forward to using the app this season.
Ty
hippyty
hippyty

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Mon 26 Mar 2018, 6:53 am

Blueapps wrote:

Hi Jen,

IOS Version has gone live today.

Regards

Kurk

Hi Kurk,

Do you have an Android version in the pipeline?

Cheers
Peter

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueapps Mon 26 Mar 2018, 8:02 pm

Hi Peter,

Pro version for android should only be a few weeks all going well.

Regards
Blueapps
Blueapps

Back to top Go down

Post by travelergold Thu 10 May 2018, 8:59 am

Hi blueapps, we have a samsung galaxy S2 tab and am wondering if this app will work on it. Also for gps when you have no wifi signal can you get a plug in gps unit/dongle thing that will show on maps your location. We are still trying to get tengraph on tablet but no luck as yet. Thanking you TG

travelergold

Back to top Go down

Post by Flatlander Sat 12 May 2018, 11:15 pm

Try looking dmp site for( tengraph mobile devices ) go into it, ive sent a e-mail to happy prospector about android suitability and got no reply as yet, i run samsung tab 8" anda10" see how u go, u can get lon ,lat, live ,pen ,owner's companys names any more i just ask at the dmp office ,with the wifi set up i think you got have gps set up in the tablet and got turn off wi fi and plane mode i think?? not sure

Flatlander

Back to top Go down

Post by travelergold Mon 14 May 2018, 1:45 pm

Well just phoned wa dmp tengragp and after trying lots of there contact numbers which are all wrong (wharf in darwin and disconected numbers) we found out that tengraph will only run on windows and some mac? Computers. No android.
So that stuffs up our ideas. Back to drawing board.
What do we purchase that will run happy prospeector and tengraph tb at is not heavy on the wallet? Thanks TG

travelergold

Back to top Go down

THE HAPPY PROSPECTOR - Page 3 Empty News on Android Pro verson?

Post by Imadogman Wed 16 May 2018, 7:47 am

Is there any information or confirmation yet about the Happy Prospector Pro or android?  
The basic version does not provide any tenement ID information, but it does show if live or pending by colour shading. Update tenements is easy as.
I noticed that there has been a release of IOS HP Pro.
I've messaged HP through facebook but no reply as yet.
The basic version is easy to use, and if it is also now available in the Android Pro version that would be a good improvement.  No excuse to be in the wrong place if you have it on your phone.
Be aware also the licence only seems to cater for one device.  
So if you want to use it on a tablet, and then on your phone, you are up for two licences.  If this is not right feel free to correct me.

Imadogman

Back to top Go down

Post by Flatlander Wed 16 May 2018, 4:06 pm

I laoded it last night on my android tablet, only basic there, so i guess it just a waiting game now for pro version to give tenements id etc

Flatlander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next