Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Z'd users

3 posters

Go down

Z'd users Empty Z'd users

Post by mada Sun 30 Oct 2016, 10:05 pm

Ok guys for my next trip I have booked for hire a GPZ (until I can afford one), any tips for this machine anyone can offer?? apart from walking over gold. Laughing Laughing

mada

Back to top Go down

Z'd users Empty Re: Z'd users

Post by martinjsto Mon 31 Oct 2016, 5:05 pm

The Z takes 20min to ballance correctly so give it time in the morning people tell me to not turn it off on lunch breaks as thia will start the ballance process again ground noise can be deceptive so without touching the tracking button punp the coul next to the noise and then slowly move coil over target if its gold it will still be loud and clear if ground noise it should get conciderably quieter pushing the coil with a slow swing is the go. Keep the coil just off the ground and let the technology do its job.
Be prepared to dig a big hole and for first time users a pinpointer will save masive holes. Good luck madda

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mada Mon 31 Oct 2016, 7:31 pm

Thanks for that Martin that's the kind of info I am after,, excellent, just trying to avoid rookie mistakes

mada

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 31 Oct 2016, 7:50 pm

You will find the weight of the 7000 takes some getting used too. Depending on the ground type (eg: lumpy or not so lumpy) I put the coil on the ground to the point where you are scraping.
Start in factory presets and adjust from there. No 2 machines are the same so you will sometimes find the thresh hold will need adjusting up or down, sometimes I have to run on 1 but I have had it up to 21 depending on the ground.
I have the sensitivity cranked up to 18 and both audios on 14 with smoothing off. I might get criticized for my settings but I have found a 0.1 piece with my settings.
Trial and error.
Also the noise cancel on start up, I did get a tip, do it once in the morning and don't do it again for the rest of the day. but I found if I switched off at lunch time, I had to do it again.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mada Mon 31 Oct 2016, 9:01 pm

Thanks Bignuggs more great info, cheers

mada

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down