Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gp 4000 settings help

2 posters

Go down

gp 4000 settings help Empty gp 4000 settings help

Post by farm boy Fri 09 Oct 2015, 9:06 am

Hi all. Sorry for a basic question but heading out in a few days with a gp4000 and hoping for a little help on settings. Will be using a 14inch or 17inch elliptical mono and just wondering what the best patch hunting/wandering settings might be? Do i leave the search in normal and coil type mono with the sensitivity on sensitive smooth and gb as fixed? Or gb as tracking and tracking speed medium?

Also i will be going over some fairly noisy ground with this mono that has had some deepish gold from older detectors. Do I flick to deep setting and change to sensitive smooth?

Yes need to watch jp video just.short on time but would really appreciate some advice cheers fb

farm boy

Back to top Go down

gp 4000 settings help Empty Re: gp 4000 settings help

Post by NuggieDreamer Sat 10 Oct 2015, 4:55 am

Best approach -
1st.
Reset your machine to Factory Presets

Minelab suggest adjusting settings in this order

1. Select the Search Mode you like or customized
2. Select the desired Audio Type (the way the target response is generated)
3. Adjust Rx Gain until the threshold starts to break up (return signal amplificatiion usually 4 or so numbers chocked back from the gain setting)
4. Adjust Stabiliser to smooth out the threshold - (clip back threshold small chatter noise to discern slight changes in the threshold).
5. Then try to Ground Balance

Soil Timings  

(Just remember that if you can't accurately ground balance ANY Minelab PI machine, it's a waste of time playing around with settings)
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by farm boy Tue 20 Oct 2015, 3:35 pm

Cheers nuggie - that helped a lot
Fb

farm boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content