Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baking paper (Multix)

3 posters

Go down

Baking paper (Multix) Empty Baking paper (Multix)

Post by Pebbles Wed 05 Nov 2014, 3:59 pm

Here’s a little tip I picked up a few years ago for cooking on the barby at home or in the bush. Put a sheet of baking paper on the hotplate.
Now you can cook different things on the plate without the need to clean it in between. It’s particularly useful for marinated tucker that tends to caramelise and stuff up the plate. I like to give the paper a little spray with oil even though it’s non stick.

Col

Pebbles

Back to top Go down

Baking paper (Multix) Empty Re: Baking paper (Multix)

Post by purple-dragon Wed 05 Nov 2014, 4:58 pm

Good tip Pebbles-wonder if you could wrap your spuds in it underneath the foil before you bang them in the coals to stop the foil from sticking -Dragon
purple-dragon
purple-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles Wed 05 Nov 2014, 6:54 pm

Dragon, I dunno about that, but I’ve never had a problem with potatoes sticking to the foil. Try this:
Spray or coat each spud with oil. I use Alfa one Rice Bran Oil cooking spray because it’s just so convenient.
Sprinkle the spuds with garlic salt and wrap individually in foil . You can either leave the skin on or peel it, whatever you prefer.
Shovel a bed of coals from the main fire and put the spuds on it. Cover with more coals.
The average spud will take no more than 30 minutes to cook and will come out golden brown on the outside and succulent and steaming on the inside!

Pebbles

Back to top Go down

Post by purple-dragon Thu 06 Nov 2014, 3:46 pm

thanks Pebbles I will give it a whirl-regards Dragon
purple-dragon
purple-dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mulgadansa Fri 07 Nov 2014, 8:15 am

Gday Pebbles and Purple
When we do spuds in foil we add a little butter and a few drops of water into the foil. No problems whatsoever and the spuds turn out great.
I'll often do scrambled eggs in a small fry pan out bush. Line it with baking paper and bugger all cleaning up afterwards.
It's goods stuff.
cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down