Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mid May 2015- Around Kal

5 posters

Go down

Mid May 2015- Around Kal Empty Mid May 2015- Around Kal

Post by kaethe Wed 17 Sep 2014, 6:45 pm

Hi there,
I am planning my next annual holiday, due to al temporary lack of motivation to work (ok Lunchbreak)....
And was thinking of doing prospecting around Kal.
Ok, I am pretty early but as I made the first appointment for visiting christmas markets in June....to go in december..... cant start early enough to get them all together.
Is there anybody interested?
I need to say: It will be my first prospecting trip....but not my first trip to the beautiful Outback.....

Back to top Go down

Mid May 2015- Around Kal Empty Re: Mid May 2015- Around Kal

Post by Gypsy Wed 17 Sep 2014, 9:02 pm

Im in Coolgardie Kaethe about 38klm's from Kalgoorlie,
i can show you some good ground and help you Very Happy
Gypsy
Gypsy

Back to top Go down

Post by kaethe Thu 18 Sep 2014, 1:41 am

That would be great and I always pass Coolgardie, when I drive from Perth with a Quick Stop at Bakers Hill (doing some pie prospecting) to Kalgoorlie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thepick Sat 20 Dec 2014, 4:02 pm

Hi guys
I am looking at heading over to Kal around April or there abouts I have been looking about at detectors so the GPX is the best ?
Looking at buying a unit very shortly have all the camping gear and pretty keen to hit it hard when I make the move doesn't seem that hard hey it looks to me it's all about just puting the hours in !
From what I have learnt on he Net the further you get out the bigger the results could be and that elimates small pieces of trash is this right .
I figure I can store enough food and water for a week so all I am waiting for it to cool down , i would defiantly be looking for a hunting buddy and camp buddy !
So do look forward to your calls

Thepick

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sat 20 Dec 2014, 5:53 pm

hello people and welcome along.  Kaethe, a great start to your trip will be to drop in to see Gypsy, you wont go wrong there. its a bit of a unforgiving place so do some research on our outback and i advise coming over next cool season after easter as it will be nice weather wise.
the GPX series is still the flagship of the Minelab detectors the GPX5000 being the current top of the range and most recommended for the serious gold prospecting in WA. the SDC2300 is a great unit for people that dont have the time to learn and understand the many settings of the GPX series needed to master it, the SDC2300 is a very capable detector finding lots of nuggets and designed for our mineralized soils in WA and waterproof to 3 mts. the ATX from Garret has found some good gold now and is again a relatively simple machine to use and good in high EMI areas has choice of coils and waterproof. choice of detector is a personal thing and there is a lot to consider especially if buying, cost being a major one for little time use. detecting isnt a hard game i Guess until you have to dig out trash at 16 inches, lol or go 4 weeks with nothing. but your right its a matter of coil on the ground and knowing what your doing with it. the trash is all over  the goldfields and there is a big nugget under lots of it so if you move it who knows,  l;wfh getting further out on good prospect could result in a big nugget for sure but you may need a month to really get out there and maybe a helicopter to get back. I wish you great success buddy and keep safe out there and beware staking tyres can also be a big issue.
cheers

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by gut feeling Sun 21 Dec 2014, 7:04 am

I'm keen. confirm closer to the date Very Happy
gut feeling
gut feeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Thepick Sun 21 Dec 2014, 8:48 am

Hi Alan here and thanks for reply and interest!

I am 51 years old spent a lot of time in the out doors I own a black FJ and a Oz tent fridge bla bla bla ,
I have spent a bit of time out of Australia working contracting for Goverment and private entities .
So what model crow bar ya got ...lol
What do you think about my thought on getting way out is there any positive in that ,how long have you been throwing that crow bar at the ground ?
What line of work you in ,I have spent a bit of time in Karratha some years ago it was the week Princess Diana was killed .
Do look forward to seeing your reply hope Santa brings ya a new CRow or just a grinder to sharpen it up .
I was thinking a bring a little power plant along with a Kango hammer any need for deeper ones ?
Stay safe have a great Christmas

Alan
PM FOR MOBILE AND A QUICK CHAT

Thepick

Back to top Go down

Post by kaethe Mon 22 Dec 2014, 4:43 pm

hi there, thank you for your response.
Yes I am still keen to go out there, but: not before Mid May, maybe beginning of June.
It depends on my job (a bit much to do at the moment).
And I have to check with my rental car supplier, what he says about the availability of a car, suitable for the outback.
I consider myself as a good cook and I will definetely seek contact with Gypsy. So I am looking forward to 2015!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down