Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

weekend trip

+2
Bignuggs
aussie18
6 posters

Go down

weekend trip Empty weekend trip

Post by aussie18 Mon 19 May 2014, 2:09 pm

after 4 months champing at the bit I finally got out for a quick swing over the weekend with my brother Pete.
was meant to meet up with some fellow forum members but due to work couldn't leave til Friday so cut my trip short and hit a spot we have previously detected a couple of times.
got to camp about 11.15 am set up the detectors and got straight into it. my brother has never found a nugget in his 2 trips previous so I cracked a corona and went for a walk with him to get him settled. within 10m from camp he got a decent signal, rubbish he asked ? I responded 1st target let's dig and find out. BAM !! 1st nugget a flat tin like nuggie weighing 0.4g's. you bloody beauty!!! the excitement on his face was unreal so after a firm handshake and all the congratulating time to keep walking. a few steps more and another quite signal, he looks and asked what you think?. I said gold or shot gun pellet let's dig and find out, sure enough another 0.35g's piece. F... this I said and went and grabbed me detector and started working the area above him. with no luck for the rest off the day.
Saturday got up early had a few coffee's and out we go again, moved over to another area we have found nugget's on before and within 30min's I hear a yell GOT 1, geez I thought 3-nil I better lift my game. after a while of walking over ground I had before and not finding I moved over 20 odd meters and picked me 1st up for the trip, another 0.4g's but got me of the duck egg. Thought I was on another run down the slope but a couple hours later and many of shot gun pellets went back and had a cook up and started on the brews again.
later that afternoon after 3 hours of rubbish and digging pellets out off the exposed greenstone[ bloody unbelievable how they got there] I picked up another 0.5g piece high up on the slope. Called it quit's for the day and smashed down a bottle of bundy and had a great feed.
Sunday morning up and going early as usual but I was buggered, half carton and a bottle me head was splitting so packed up and made a early trip home, well in my hungover state cruising down the dirt track we approached a wet muddy area on the road, I was heading for my tracks on the way in when me brother says left looks hard so I suave to the left??? don't know why but I did and down we go to the axle's in a slurry off mud. bugger here we go no way forward no way back half way thru a 100m stretch of mud. HMMMM!!! silly silly boy's, after a hour off digging me way out and making a tree branch track we got out thankfully, anyhow it was a experience and we learn from our mistakes I guess.
anyway was great to have a weekend with me bro and even more so seeing him pick up his 1st gold, apart from the little mishap on the way home and 100 midgie bites cover my body was a bloody good trip.
cheers
jase
p.s no photo's taking and I won't bother for my 2 sub grammer's which we all have seen before

Back to top Go down

weekend trip Empty Re: weekend trip

Post by Guest Mon 19 May 2014, 2:47 pm

MATE SOUNDS LIKE U NEED ONE OF THOSE CAMP COTS--they are worth their weight in gold...no midgies-mozzies no nothing--easy to set up and fold down.

anyhow good to see a bit of brotherly luv..and a bit of color to top it off.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by aussie18 Mon 19 May 2014, 3:13 pm

yeah just had a shower and stopped counting at 100 bites on 1 leg from foot to knee so with me forearms, other leg, belly and just above me ar*e I'd say 400+ itchy little lumps on me, had the botanical slathered on me all trip, went thru half a jar in 2 days to myself. only 2 on the face and that's covered by the fur on the chin, lucky coz I'd look like a freaking junkie if the savaged the mug.
but ay!! I'd do it all again tomorrow if I could.
yes ray the bro has had a rough ride in life for many years now and was great to see some excitement in him. He don't get out and about very much so that was defiantly the highlight off the trip for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 19 May 2014, 4:03 pm

Jase it sounds like ya's had great time and that's the way it should be but I hope you said the famous words   Razz 

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Mon 19 May 2014, 6:00 pm

gpost fhsdfg  you bloody ripper Jase :) must of been good to see the bro get off the mark, Simms metal shares will plumit now  weekend trip 729094268 weekend trip 3179412840 

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Mon 19 May 2014, 7:40 pm

Well done Jase, isn't it cool wjen you see the guys face when he finds his first bit after seeing how hard he works for it.

We almost got rained in too, made the trip out a bit hairy literally.... Flaming dog was flying around my face while I was busy trying to keep the ute from doing circles on the muddy haul road leaving the place.
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by aussie18 Tue 20 May 2014, 5:34 am

we seen the lighting Friday evening well north of us and were thinking of you boy's up there.. all we copped was a bit of EMI from it

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Tue 20 May 2014, 9:51 am

hi jase, sounds like a good trip. would be good to see the face on your bro when he realized he found gold. sorry we didnt catch up, my fault as both my phones wouldnt work even in Que. very wet out there so I am not surprised you got stuck, i also nearly got stuck in a bog hole but was in luck as it was short enough to keep going and get through. I just got back myself with only a specie found with about 1.5g in it. found some nice relics including a 1894 penny i dug up from a foot down,
next time buddy

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by aussie18 Tue 20 May 2014, 2:42 pm

yeah real sorry martin, strijky and dieter for not making it up your way, was my intention's the whole time but then the owners off the house I needed to finish decided they wanted to make there main bedroom bigger after I had built it to plan and that set me back a day an a half so couldn't get away til Friday. with the weather forecast up at cue and the extra day less I had it wasn't worth the effort [xtra 2.5 hours driving each way] for a 2 night stay. next time boy's for sure, just a maybe at the next forum meet if there are still spots left, don't want to commit just yet becoz I really don't know where i'll be at but my next trip won't be till around august/sept at the earliest. I've
been a weekend warrior when it comes to prospecting and really want to do a week+ long trip later this season so I can prospect instead of landing on old patch's where I know I can get a few sub grammer's.
cheers
jase

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Tue 20 May 2014, 6:14 pm

Sounds like you had a good trip Jase,especially being able to point your brother in the right direction and then finding his first bit.That a time you will never forget.good on you Jase.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down