Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

batteries for gpx metal detectors

5 posters

Go down

batteries for gpx metal detectors Empty batteries for gpx metal detectors

Post by bushranger Sun 12 Jan 2014, 2:42 pm

hi everyone , has anybody tried those twin pack batteries and speakers for the gpx detectors , that have been advertised on ebay for $230.00 that come with Velcro so they can be attached to the side of your machine.

bushranger

Back to top Go down

batteries for gpx metal detectors Empty Re: batteries for gpx metal detectors

Post by Bignuggs Sun 12 Jan 2014, 6:45 pm

Thats interesting. I had a troll thru ebay this arvo, I must have missed that one.

Can you post the link so we can have a look ??
BN
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sun 12 Jan 2014, 7:04 pm

i was looking at them the other day bushranger, still attached via the bungi but the reduction of weight is a biggie, also 6 hr life is good enough especially with the twin pack that also includes the 230/12v charge
I am seriously thinking of getting one soon.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 12 Jan 2014, 7:16 pm

Ok, one of woodies jobs. can't help ya with that. hopefully someone on the forum is using them.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jan 2014, 7:29 pm

if u want a lighter battery why don't u try the coiltek battery with its on/off button and amplifier and other features befor u buy something else..just an idea..

give me a PM if u want any further info..or call me at work--0891853656

regards
oneday

Last edited by oneday monday on Sun 12 Jan 2014, 8:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad Sun 12 Jan 2014, 7:51 pm

bushranger wrote:hi everyone , has anybody tried those twin pack batteries and speakers for the gpx detectors , that have been advertised on ebay for $230.00 that come with Velcro so they can be attached to the side of your machine.

A mate and i both bought those batteries, well the ones to suit GP model detectors anyway, so here is my thoughts on them. First the negatives.
- Velcro tape for sticking the batteries to the side of the detector was useless, the adhesive would just become tacky in the heat up here and the battery would fall off! I solved that problem by getting a detector cover with a side pocket on it to keep the battery in it.
-The build quality of the batteries was pretty ordinary and mine started coming apart after a few uses exposing all the cells inside. I simply taped mine up with elec tape.
-The charger has a couple of lugs on it that holds the battery in place when charging- the lugs broke off mine which is a pain as you have to make sure the battery is sitting in exactly the right spot for it to charge, making it impossible to charge in the car on bumpy roads.
- i dont think my mate even got 12 months out of his batteries, im not sure what he was like with charging them after use though. I religously charged mine before and after every use and got about 18 months out of one of them whilst the other is still going strong(last time i checked anyway).

On the plus side they are really light and small and you dont have a long cable giving you the sh#@s either. I also never had one go flat on me, despite detecting 10 hours + some days.

Im actually going to be in the market for a back up battery for my new 5000 soon and personally i will be looking at different options.  Very Happy 
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 12 Jan 2014, 8:20 pm

the coiltek dual battery system is good. It might only be designed for the SD/GP detectors and it's light as buggerey but if they come out with a similar system for the GPX detectors, I'll be getting one.
$395 approx for a bloody battery for the GPX5000, someone is winning in the money stakes.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 12 Jan 2014, 9:05 pm

the coiltek battery runs on the GPX--it also has a few other pieces of equipment with the battery including the 12v to 240v inverter so u r getting very good value for money.

I have a test battery if u want to have a go..u wont b disappointed.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by bushranger Mon 13 Jan 2014, 8:18 am

thanks guys for the great info , I'm after a back up battery for this coming season just in case my original one sh;t;s it's self and the price on these batteries are affordable compared to minelabs $395 . but my only other issue with these batteries will my B&Z booster work with them . thanks again everyone

bushranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jan 2014, 8:20 am

yep everything works with the two types of batteries. Minelab and coiltek

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jan 2014, 9:57 am

bushranger wrote:hi everyone , has anybody tried those twin pack batteries and speakers for the gpx detectors , that have been advertised on ebay for $230.00 that come with Velcro so they can be attached to the side of your machine.

Buy Woody's stuff at your peril

1. If you have a stuffed GPX battery, give Mick (Mechanic on this forum) a call - 0428758971l. He rebuilds them at a VERY reasonable price.

2. Give Ismael Jones a call as he makes a very good battery pack

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by bushranger Mon 13 Jan 2014, 10:12 am

point taken goldnomad . that's why I posted on here to see which was the best way to travel .and thanks also oneday monday

bushranger

Back to top Go down

Post by mark409 Mon 13 Jan 2014, 6:59 pm

yo Oneday
I think you and bignuggs are talking about different batteries .I,m in the market for a back up batt for this season.
After checking out the coiltek site ,Not sure which way to go...
Mark409
mark409
mark409

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 13 Jan 2014, 8:01 pm

personally u cant go past a coiltek battery --a couple of xtra features and last as long I reckon --although I have never flatten a battery yet.
regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 14 Jan 2014, 7:03 pm

There is a post on the forum somewhere about the coiltek battery replacement for the GPX series detectors.
from memory the report was not good even tho it's cheaper. have a search.
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 14 Jan 2014, 7:10 pm

Here's the link.

Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down