Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An excuse ? to lock out the average Joe. Or WHS gone mad?

5 posters

Go down

An excuse ? to lock out the average Joe. Or WHS gone mad? Empty An excuse ? to lock out the average Joe. Or WHS gone mad?

Post by Panther Thu 17 Oct 2013, 10:44 am

http://www.weatherzone.com.au/news/gold-miner-defies-directive-to-take-down-fence/25669

Back to top Go down

An excuse ? to lock out the average Joe. Or WHS gone mad? Empty Re: An excuse ? to lock out the average Joe. Or WHS gone mad?

Post by Shelby23 Fri 18 Oct 2013, 7:14 am

That is a amazing Shocked there dose not seem to be a answer to this one

Shelby23

Back to top Go down

An excuse ? to lock out the average Joe. Or WHS gone mad? Empty Re: An excuse ? to lock out the average Joe. Or WHS gone mad?

Post by boobook Sat 19 Oct 2013, 1:06 pm

There is quite a discussion regarding this on the "other" forum with a few of the thoughts being well off the mark.Wink 
Its a Qld. situation where the Act is quite clear and ambiguous. Cool  
mike
boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 19 Oct 2013, 3:31 pm

Qld is not alone. I've also seen a few padlocked gates in the West. I think it had something to do with a well known company also owning the station.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 19 Oct 2013, 9:24 pm

Locking gates  & obstructing people from going about their lawful  prospecting activities on crown land that has a  pastoral lease is an unlawful act .If the rules are followed & locks are encounted on gates ,well please your self . Usually that's sorted out with  your callin meeting when you pass through , but wa cockies are usually good  iv found  in the Murchison  areas, as you head further north it changes from sheep to cattle & the red neck factor & big hats  & the  cattle baron mindset  kicks in & things change a little .You all know how touchy they are at mustering time ... caring for  the neighbors cattle etc;) Wink  , common knowledge about all that,the best tasting beef is their neighbors cows I once heard ! But they all get along fine .... are just fine   , they don't want any one about while all that's going on ! Anyway you've  gotta remind them its a Pastoral lease  & its illegal to block access if you have notified them . I v only had to to read out the rules on one occasion . Active mining leases are to be avoided , but usually you can find a route around it & continue if need be . That's how I play the game ,albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by boobook Sun 20 Oct 2013, 6:35 am

Good points you make albo, and not really difficult when everyone is in tune.
Last winter we phone notified the pastoral leaseholder as part of our access agreement and she (managers wife) was very friendly, asked for our miners right no., vehicle rego and desription. No problems.
Couple of weeks later we were in town shopping and this lady came up to me and asked was I Mike H. "Yes" I said.
She introduced herself as being the person I had spoken to regarding access, had identified me by the vehicle description.
Went on to ask how we were going (it had been very wet) then gave some good advice on how to bypass a particular sticky stretch of country to get into an area we were interested in.
Its great when that sort of attitude comes across, goes both ways with me.
Then we encountered the Dogger! (but we've sorted that one, eh!)Laughing 
mike
boobook
boobook

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sun 20 Oct 2013, 8:48 pm

I reread my post & what I meant to explain was 90% of cockies are great ,but some are difficult for what ever reason ..... are jeez im digging a bigger hole on this one , end of story Very Happy  albo
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 21 Oct 2013, 6:23 pm

albo wrote:I reread my post & what I meant to explain was 90% of cockies are great ,but some are  difficult for what ever reason  ..... are jeez im digging a bigger hole on this one , end of story Very Happy  albo
I wouldn't say ya diggin a bigger hole unless ya after the retirement fund nug but, you are right that most station lease holders know the law and you can work with them.
It's just the odd few who are p*ssed off with the whole game who can be difficult to deal with. And it's something we just have to put up with.

Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down