Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gold sniffing dogs

4 posters

Go down

gold sniffing dogs Empty gold sniffing dogs

Post by martinjsto Sun 17 Feb 2013, 11:24 pm

I was reading post on another mining site and read this.
http://www.mining-technology.com/features/featureore-sniffing-dogs-for-mine-location/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOo-0YRfRXM&feature=player_detailpage
http://hunting4gold.com/blog/gold-sniffing-dog/

it seems dogs can smell the sulfide ores that surround gold and point to that gold. anyone seen this or trained their dog to sniff out gold in WA? interesting read.
Martin
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

gold sniffing dogs Empty Re: gold sniffing dogs

Post by Sporaticus Mon 18 Feb 2013, 12:07 am

Haha Martin, Ray can waste his time getting his missus to use the pin pointer to dig his gold..........I'm gunna teach mine to sniff out the nugg's for me. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Just in case she see's this "just joking Hon, wasn't me Honey, I would NEVER say that, they made me do it, and the classic, well everyone else was doing it". that should cover it. gold sniffing dogs 3273188554 gold sniffing dogs 3273188554 klsdlbne

pretty safe tho, the only way I could get her bush with me is if they built a shopping complex out there, haha.

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Mon 18 Feb 2013, 7:12 am

I see no reason why you couldnt train a dog to spot sunbakers, a smart dog like border collie or Australian sheapard or even a golden retreiver would be best as he wouldnt be trained to sniff for gold just spot it then bark like hell, at the moment i am looking after a freinds dog and the amount of ground she covers as im detecting she is sure to have walked over a sunbaker or two, if i get another dog i will be certain to start training him for this, cheers Stu
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Mon 18 Feb 2013, 7:50 am

my two are too old to be taught new tricks but yes the next one is defiantly worth training. the info is about the Sulfates created during the oxidation of minerals during gold and Pyrite creation and dogs can smell them underground. the original study done in the 60's and aired by the Geological Survey of Finland taught a German Sheppard to find oar deposits, quite efficiently as well. more recent dogs finding a huge zinc deposit and a blue healer finding a gold specimen under water, hmmm they use pigs to find truffles in WA i wonder how many dig up nuggets sniffing rooting out the foul odor. the training for the sighting of sunbakers should be quite possible ha, he or she might even dig it up and retrieve it for you, now we are talking. Very Happy now this raises an question, how do you give the GPS co ordinates to the lessor if ya dog comes back from a few hrs prospecting with a bag full of nuggets lolol gold sniffing dogs 452991977 .
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Mon 18 Feb 2013, 10:31 am

Gunna get a DDog for the trashy areas?
lol!
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 18 Feb 2013, 12:32 pm

Nah Snapper. Ya need a small dog so it can go down the hole and pinpoint for ya

gold sniffing dogs Dog-1_zps9a6a2233

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 21 Feb 2013, 1:22 pm

Be careful with yer "little mates" out there. Lots of 1080 about and "other hazards" for our furry friends. I keep mine on a lead at ALL times. I've had to shoot a mate's Blue Heeler after a 1080 baiting and it's not very pleasant. Also a licenced professional dogger can and will shoot any dog that he sees that is not on a lead. So do "the righty" and keep 'em on a lead.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down