Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Balla Balla trip.

+6
pilbaragold
Bignuggs
snapper
koeh
Flying kiwi
K town swinger
10 posters

Go down

Balla Balla trip. Empty Balla Balla trip.

Post by K town swinger Tue 21 Aug 2012, 11:20 am

Went for a run up to Balla Balla and scored a few bits of yella and found some double pyramid crystals which i've not seen before.Any folks on here know what they are ???

Last edited by K town swinger on Mon 11 Feb 2013, 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

K town swinger

Back to top Go down

Balla Balla trip. Empty balla balla trip

Post by Guest Tue 21 Aug 2012, 12:27 pm

hey k-town nice swinging again mate,those pyramid crystals look unusual.wouldn't have a clue what they are though.shore liked ya 3rd photo nice handful for you again.
keep digging e'm up up k-town and keep posting them i've been enjoying your finds

jason

Back to top Go down

Balla Balla trip. Empty Re: Balla Balla trip.

Post by Flying kiwi Tue 21 Aug 2012, 4:26 pm

hey bud nice finds have been doing a bit of resurch on that area but have never had a crack..... were stories of nuggets coming up when they pushed the gas pipeline through there. Wink
gaz aka the speci told me that he has found "devils dice" near radio hill never seen any but i recon thats what you have.
choice Cool
Flying kiwi
Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by koeh Tue 21 Aug 2012, 6:19 pm

black diamonds? some diamonds come in that shape.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

all i can tell ya is it a bipyramidal formation, from what i have looked up it could be anything, lets hope they are diamonds

Last edited by koeh on Tue 21 Aug 2012, 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

koeh

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Tue 21 Aug 2012, 6:24 pm

G,day K-town, very nice haul from you again, good work, can you put a pic up when you clean them cheers Stu
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 21 Aug 2012, 8:17 pm

Nice gold and well done. I'm sure somewhere on the forum the devils dice has been mentioned before. it's on here somewhere. cheers
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbaragold Tue 21 Aug 2012, 8:37 pm

Devils dice are cubes. Good indicator for gold in a lot of areas especially the Pilbara. Those ones are magnetite crystals. Another good indicator for gold.
pilbaragold
pilbaragold

Back to top Go down

Post by Zap Tue 21 Aug 2012, 8:41 pm

Would be great if they were these K'Town,

Peg the spot NOW !!! affraid Hope it's better than a gold mine ! Very Happy

Zap.
Zap
Zap

Back to top Go down

Post by Zap Tue 21 Aug 2012, 8:48 pm

BUGGER scratch

Looks like you are right Pilbara !

Zap.
Zap
Zap

Back to top Go down

Post by K town swinger Wed 22 Aug 2012, 6:51 am

Thanks pilbaragold for the info,never found magnetite crystals before but have found heaps of devils dice around the gold areas in the pilbara.

cheers
k town

K town swinger

Back to top Go down

Post by yella stuff Fri 07 Sep 2012, 9:38 pm

ktown, I was searching your topics to find out about your 2m coil when I read this thread. I was working at cape lambert last year and I heard about the pipeline finds. I studied the area for rdo trips. they have been building a new powerline corridor including land clearing for towers between Karratha and cape lambert. they started clearing from both ends and I was waiting for the clearing between Kim Norths lease and cleverville rd where I obtained a section 20a but didn't happen in my time there I did however become an expert at finding bits of grader blade after every big rock I also learnt that it takes a bit of time for ground noise to settle after grading. Today I heard that a bit of gold has been found around Karratha lately I only put two and two together that I bet you it is along this works. I am due for a trip and wouldn't mind going back up to golden valley its nice to go to the spot I know and spend a week there instead of a few hours on an rdo but its a bit far and there are many spots between perth and karratha, the only thing is homework and finding them. goodluck

yella stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by yella stuff Fri 07 Sep 2012, 9:40 pm

what do devils dice look like- round balls made up of little squares?

yella stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Sep 2012, 9:23 am

Hi Yella

Mate i have some of them balls, they're Pyrite nodules, some call em Pyrite bombs.
Was told they are worth a few quid too.

Balla Balla trip. Pb10

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by yella stuff Sat 08 Sep 2012, 11:07 am

I saw many of these when we were building the shitfarm for jimblebar mine (newman)smashed one open and it had a little ball in the center like a magnet that attracted the crystals. I should have been a squiral and gathered the nuts... I had one guy convinced they were metiorites.

yella stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 08 Sep 2012, 6:07 pm

that one came from karijini way

Back to top Go down

Post by yella stuff Sat 08 Sep 2012, 10:00 pm

I was having a yarn with the fella working with me at the time and he has a few at home still, he said he hacksawed one, it was so hard to cut and the core was like a white powder. I was more suttle with mine and just smashed it with a sledgie - gently with two arms Twisted Evil .

yella stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad Sun 09 Sep 2012, 3:34 pm

Great finds again k-town. I camped out at balla balla earlier in the year looking for gold, i wasnt real sure where abouts out there it had been found so kinda went out there winging it, needless to say didnt find a thing-looks like i may have to revisit!
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Wed 12 Sep 2012, 10:56 am

As already stated, magnetite crystals. Nice though eh?

toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down