Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GREAT TWO WEEKS

+4
Someday
Biggest Kev
Peaky
snapper
8 posters

Go down

GREAT TWO WEEKS Empty GREAT TWO WEEKS

Post by snapper Mon 30 Jul 2012, 3:22 pm

g,day, Two weeks ago i was invited to particapate in a two week prospecting trip with Link & Kim from Nuggets Down Under and Steve [ Madtuna ]. On this trip i met Paul from Swan Hill detectors and his mate Ian from bendigo. The afternoon was about setting up camp and Kim was digging nuggets and specimens right in camp and i was told that Link has a habbit of camping right on the gold. First thing next morning i started to detect close to camp and straight away found a piece of quartz a bit bigger than a golf ball with 7 grams of gold in it, i kicked it out of the way expecting to see some rubbish as the 5k screamed at me. The first week the group mainly found small nuggets and specimens up to a few grams and Paul, Ian and myself did a lot of night detecting and the small gold was slowly adding up, the second week was when the bigger gold was being found, i was first to get a good size specimen of 81 grams with 26 grams of gold, it was 19" down and i found it with the 24"x12" n/f, i had the detector in Enhance which i forgot to put back into fine gold after playing with the settings on some ground noise, i put it back in fine gold and the signal was much the same just a bit louder, i had to dig about 6" before i knew i had a good target and as i was so excited i forgot to take pictures, Paul was the next to get a good speci which he found 24" down, i put my 24"x12" coil in the hole and it was just below the surface, his speci had 3 ounces of gold with it showing all over unlike mine which had very little gold seeing daylight. Steve [Madtuna] then found a very nice 58 gram waterworn nugget which was all gold [see pic]. on the second last day i got another nice specimen 12" deep with 18 grams of gold in it, i had the 5k in deep, fine gold, mono, fixed, motion v/slow, gain 12, audio deep, stabilizer 10, target volume 12, on the last day Paul got another big speci with just under 2 ounces of gold through it, learning off these other fellas who are seasoned prospectors was all i could ask for and the most important thing i learned was to run the detector as quiet as possible or you will miss the big deep targets and dig those ground noises, dont be lazy and dismiss them, My tally for the two weeks was 80 grams of gold mostly in specimens but i was told that the 5k is realy good detecting specimen gold deep. I had a fantastic time and met new friends and now its back to being the lone ranger but with new found knowlage, [maybe not in spelling ha], pics below are [1] my gold tally [2] Steves 58 gramer [3] Pauls opencut mine [4] me in 12" hole that 18 grams of loverly yella came out of,, Stu ps; does anyone now how to turn your pics the right way up.
GREAT TWO WEEKS Img_0411GREAT TWO WEEKS Img_0324
GREAT TWO WEEKS 310
GREAT TWO WEEKS 410

Last edited by Bignuggs on Mon 30 Jul 2012, 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : rotating pics 3 & 4)
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

GREAT TWO WEEKS Empty Re: GREAT TWO WEEKS

Post by Peaky Mon 30 Jul 2012, 3:33 pm

Sanpper

Thanks for sharing that story

Great pics too

I will be out in the Bush in 19 days ( not Counting hahaha )

Would love to dig some big holes for gold on our trip l;wfh l;wfh

Peaky

Back to top Go down

GREAT TWO WEEKS Empty Well done guys

Post by Biggest Kev Mon 30 Jul 2012, 3:54 pm

Good stuff snapper, puts our trip to shame, we just have to keep swinging and the big nugs will come.

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

GREAT TWO WEEKS Empty great two weeks

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jul 2012, 4:04 pm

very nice stu congrats mate that's what it's all about

geez looking at ya pic mate if i shaved some fur off me chin i could pass as ya stunt double lol!

wa got the short straw getting two blokes that look like that lwkgh lwkgh

must be a brickie thing lol!

oh crap ya got 12 years on me ,that makes me feel great :rolf:
very nice gold mate

jason

Back to top Go down

Post by Someday Mon 30 Jul 2012, 5:00 pm

Congrats Stu yu gotu be wrapped in that gpost
Someday
Someday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jul 2012, 5:35 pm

Well done Stu old chap, nice gold and great report.

All i do to turn pics around is open them in windows photo viewer
rotate em then close it and they stay rotated that way.

Grow some bloody bum fluff mate ya out bush ya know GREAT TWO WEEKS 729094268 :rolf:

Peaky i'll let ya dig my deep buggers there ya go mate :rolf: kwdf

Lojay - do ya keep that hockey mask on in ya avatar when out bush ?? scare the girlies mate Razz Razz

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Mon 30 Jul 2012, 7:29 pm

some nice gold there snap sweet Cool

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Mon 30 Jul 2012, 8:13 pm

thanks fellas, Kev dig those deep holes as if the Japs were comin over the hill lol! , Jason i keep me hat on as it gets uglier [no hair] lol! ill try to grow some Pete but if its anythin like whats on me head its comin off :rolf: cheers Stu
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 30 Jul 2012, 8:50 pm

:rolf: :rolf: :rolf: Dont worry Stu, They tell me the KOJAK look
is a real turn on for the girls Razz
You got no hair and i got totally no looks, or teeth GREAT TWO WEEKS 4066623196 Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Mon 30 Jul 2012, 9:17 pm

Pete dont believe what the girls say cos they pretend that size doesnt matter either :rolf:
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by araratgold Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7:01 am

Good report Stu,

Can't wait to come over next year ! Very Happy

Cheers,
Rick
araratgold
araratgold

Back to top Go down

Post by rc62burke Tue 31 Jul 2012, 8:40 am

Hey Snapper
That sounds like an awesome trip, much better gold tally than my 2 weeks.
good job
Lee
rc62burke
rc62burke

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldbait Tue 31 Jul 2012, 7:18 pm

wow. can't wait for my trip in september.
Goldbait
Goldbait

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down