Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Made from mostly John Deere parts...

3 posters

Go down

Made from mostly John Deere parts... Empty Made from mostly John Deere parts...

Post by Panther Wed 30 May 2012, 5:30 pm

IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THIS BEFORE, YOU ARE IN FOR A REAL TREAT
Please note, the balls don't fall on the floor, they return to the machine.
See how all of the balls wind up in catcher cones.
This incredible machine was built as a collaborative effort between the Robert M. Trammell Music Conservatory and the Sharon Wick School of Engineering at the University of Iowa . Amazingly, 97% of the machine's components came from John Deere Industries and Irrigation Equipment of Bancroft, Iowa .
Yes, farm equipment!
It took the team a combined 13,029 hours (6.26 years) of set-up, alignment, calibration, and tuning before filming this video.
It is now on display in the Matthew Gerhard Alumni Hall at the University and is already slated to be donated to the Smithsonian.

https://s1093.photobucket.com/albums/i424/vinniereno/?action=view&current=1ff883e5.mp4

Back to top Go down

Made from mostly John Deere parts... Empty Re: Made from mostly John Deere parts...

Post by Guest Wed 30 May 2012, 5:41 pm

Shocked Holy crap how good is that Razz

And we still cant get a tecta that runs a mono and discrims Evil or Very Mad Sad

Cheers Panther nice video

Pete

Back to top Go down

Made from mostly John Deere parts... Empty Re: Made from mostly John Deere parts...

Post by Panther Wed 30 May 2012, 6:01 pm

Clever ay? He was either a nutcase or genius who thought of that.

On second thoughts, a genius geek. 6.26 years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 May 2012, 6:39 pm

Imagine what his shithouse looks like :rolf: :rolf: bloody balls n pipes all over the place Razz Razz

The blokes got a grip on things thats fa sure, just not sure what tho, 10/10 i reckon

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Someday Wed 30 May 2012, 6:42 pm

That was F-ing awesome cheers Insanity at it's best cheers

What some people do with their dol money Razz
Someday
Someday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 May 2012, 8:52 pm

Thank god for eccentrics ay Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Mechanic Sun 03 Jun 2012, 7:02 am

Hi Guys,

Well what can I say???? That is the best use for John Deere parts I have ever seen Shocked Seems they are actually good for something Razz Bloody top job! I guess he did it "just cause he could"! Runs rings on the old Honda add thats for sure.

Cheers Mick

Mechanic

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Jun 2012, 1:00 pm

The mind boggles at the thought of how much mathematics was involved. Shocked Shocked Shocked wtf

gpost

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down