Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lake Raeside

2 posters

Go down

Lake Raeside Empty Lake Raeside

Post by Guest Mon 26 Feb 2018, 2:48 pm

Hi All,
The big salt lake, Raeside doesn't have many old mines marked on the maps around it and the eastern side is nearly zero of mines , why is that ????
Please explain , is it the Geo formation there ,or something else.

Thanks
Greg

Back to top Go down

Lake Raeside Empty Re: Lake Raeside

Post by Nightjar Mon 26 Feb 2018, 5:50 pm

Greg,
You couldn't get a much bigger mine than the Sons of Gwalia, with the amount of drilling going on either side of the Goldfields Hwy just south of Leonora indicates there must be a continuation of the Gwalia.

Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Feb 2018, 10:05 am

Hi Peter,
yes , that is a big mine, but just east of Yerilla adjoining Lake Raeside there are no marked mines that i can find on any maps close to the lake.
Thanks
Greg

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Wed 28 Feb 2018, 3:43 pm

Something I was told years ago, 1994 to be exact. Don't dismiss the salt lakes especially if your detector can handle salt.
Someone I met in Leonora was buying gold found from the lakes and there was lot's of it, it seems, as it was a fortnightly bring in and sell session. So if the lake isn't under lease and you can get free access or even get a 40E, ya got nothing to lose so have a go.
Cheers
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Wed 28 Feb 2018, 4:49 pm

Janet (Lady of the Lakes - R.I.P) used to live up the road from Gypsy in Coolgardie, she found lots of gold on Lake Carey.
You have to be careful the lakes can be treacherous, break through the crust and you have no chance getting out unaided.

Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down