Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knee pads

5 posters

Go down

Knee pads Empty Knee pads

Post by TerryBear Wed 01 Mar 2017, 7:30 pm

Do any of you gurus out there use knee pads when detecting ? I ended up with the most sore knees when we went detecting the other week.. the old knees just not up to it I am afraid...lol
Had a look in Bunnings and they have more to choose from than the world has cars...
Looking for something that wont fall or slide off the legs but will save the poor old knees....and within the budget of a pensioner Laughing

TerryBear

Back to top Go down

Knee pads Empty Re: Knee pads

Post by Ash100456 Thu 02 Mar 2017, 6:06 pm

G'day TerryBear, Just been through the dilema of finding replacement knee pads ready for the coming season, Find i sometimes need them in the rockier ground, Found some good ideas & products ( ranging from skateboarding knee pads to sewing knee pad pockets onto your existing pants & using Cat knee pads in the pockets, some quite expensive though ) and lots more ideas on the net but just cant get to try any locally to warrant spending the bigger bucks. Ended up back at Bunnings and purchased the $13 pair which feel comfortable on ( time will tell how long they last ) and tidying up my old pair so for the time i need knee pads i should be right.

They were Protector Brand Tradesman Kneepads, have a part # KP102 on the tag ( Made in Australia )
Ash100456
Ash100456

Back to top Go down

Post by mark409 Thu 02 Mar 2017, 7:04 pm

I,ve got the ones from mitre 12..
Their the cheapest and not to bad.
mark409
mark409

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryBear Tue 07 Mar 2017, 4:43 pm

Thanks guys,
No mitre stores here so will give grunnings a bash.

Cheers

TerryBear

Back to top Go down

Post by linlara Fri 10 Mar 2017, 8:29 am

Hi Terrybear
Try volley ball knee pads with the elastic back and sides from sports stores. Bit more expensive but well worth it after a days detecting

linlara

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryBear Fri 10 Mar 2017, 9:16 am

Thanks linara,

Will look into these as well.....

Cheers
T

TerryBear

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Sun 12 Mar 2017, 8:01 pm

Wouldn't it be nice if we could detect on the lawn. Well Mrs M does. She carries around a piece of synthetic grass. It looks like too much of a hassle to me but she says that it's better than knee pads lol!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 Mar 2017, 1:39 am

Never really worried about using knee pads for years until one day I dropped down on to one knee to check a target and straight on to the edge of a pointed lump of rock that tried to separate my knee cap from the joint, which gave me trouble for some time. Mad

Anyway a mate was using knee pads that he got from a garage sale, they were the type that kids wear while riding bikes, he had a couple of sets so lent me some to try out so I did, but be warned they are not designed for adult knees and after using them for a bit ended up sort of dislocating my knee cap again, they are made for chicken legs not fat ones, (don't be a cheap ass get good ones)

After looking about I bought some more suitable ones in Bunning's, I found the IRWIN hard shell knee pads at $33.90 (I/N 5821998) they are wide and comfortable and do the job, as I usually only wear one to kneel down on my left knee I still have a spare, if you do the same you can share the purchase of a set with a mate and have one each, they have adjustable elasticated straps with a quick fit click on type tab, so they stay in place when walking pretty well, only thing you have to watch with them is when you are kneeling down digging the dirt and small rocks can get in between your knee and the pads so you just need to remember to shake them out.

Also later I saw that K mart sells works pants with pockets over the knees that have removable foam pads, I have not tried them as yet but might buy some and see how they go, they would probably work ok as well and you can just leave the foam pad out when you are not detecting.

I found out the hard way that looking after your knees is just as important as looking after your feet with good boots, one bad injury can wreck a trip and its game over until you recover again.

au-fever

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Wed 12 Apr 2017, 10:05 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum