Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First prospect Video?

+4
shane-o
hoolahoopa
Nightjar
danowner
8 posters

Go down

First prospect Video? Empty First prospect Video?

Post by danowner Tue 22 Nov 2016, 9:25 pm

So it's now counting down the weeks until I get enough money, and have bought all my resources to get out in the middle of nowhere and survive. Been thinking about this recently, and was just wondering.. Would anyone be interested in me documenting my first ever prospecting trip, perhaps on a gopro? I'll have to save up for one, and will most likely get the new one, with a chest strap or something. Let me know, and if you have used a gopro while prospecting, let me know if you have experienced any form of interference or anything. Cheers!

danowner

Back to top Go down

First prospect Video? Empty Re: First prospect Video?

Post by Nightjar Wed 23 Nov 2016, 6:02 am

My advice Danowner, considering you are relatively new to the hobby, learn the basics of remote travel & camping, concentrate on getting to know your machine, find some gold, then maybe think about a video.
At your age you probably haven't heard about the old adage, "You have to crawl before you walk."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoopa Wed 23 Nov 2016, 3:27 pm

danower, don't worry about nightjar mate. if you feel like taping your trip mate go for it, I look forward to viewing if you do.
GOOD LUCK

hoolahoopa

Back to top Go down

Post by shane-o Thu 24 Nov 2016, 12:47 pm

Yeah mate do it, I'm pretty crap at making videos but I do anyway haha. I just video it once out of the ground though, saves a bit of time rather than recording every bit of rubbish dug up haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Pebbles Thu 24 Nov 2016, 3:22 pm

Yeah, I agree, go ahead and make a video. This being your first trip, you will probably have a lot of fun and a few hassles as well.
Many years down the track, I reckon that you will be glad that you made a record of the adventure. Good luck.

Col

Pebbles

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 25 Nov 2016, 4:34 pm

I've just got back from poking around Cue, it's bloody hot out there now so make sure you have all the essential stuff before a camera.
Just my 2 bobs worth.

Cheers and have fun and stay cool

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG GEM Fri 25 Nov 2016, 7:49 pm

Bignuggs wrote:I've just got back from poking around Cue, it's bloody hot out there now so make sure you have all the essential stuff before a camera.
Just my 2 bobs worth.

Cheers and have fun and stay cool

Hi Cliff

I was in Cue for a week testing out the new 19" disc for 7000. Only left last Tuesday. Did you stay in caravan park?

Bob

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 25 Nov 2016, 8:24 pm

Hi Bob,
Yeah I pulled into the park on Monday arvo about 3pm and left there this morning.
I was down the front near the old stables and main road.

Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Fri 25 Nov 2016, 11:06 pm

danowner that's a great idea but make sure you're familiar with all your gear before you head out.

My dad died on the first camp of their retirement when I was a young guy. About two years later my young brother and I decided to take Mum on that around Australia trip that Mum and Dad missed out on.

I bought a new very expensive Canon sound movie camera and my brother bought a nice Olympus slide camera. The movie film was costing me $15 for 2 1/2 minutes and there was none of this wiping it out and going again if it didn't look good. I shot off my first 2 1/2 minutes of movie and sent it off for processing. It was gone for about 10 days and hadn't returned yet by the time we left so I never got to see the test film.

We travelled for 4 months over the top between Brisbane and Perth before stopping for work. Then we worked at Useless Loop at Shark Bay Salt mine for another 4 months before heading home again to Brisbane.

The viewfinder in the camera was a bit strange. When on normal long distance focus the image was blurry but if I adjusted it slightly, as if for a close target it appeared clear. In actual fact the blurry image in the viewfinder was actually producing well focused film. When I adjusted for a clear view the film was out of focus. I spent around $8,000 or 20 hours on mostly blurry film that I still have today.

They are great memories of a really exciting trip and even to this day we enjoy sitting down to a really bad movie. It's really amateurish filming at best but with the sound recording as well it still gives us a buzz. Mum has gone as well now but we've got her climbing to the peek of Ayres Rock at 60 and that's priceless.

Back to top Go down

Post by danowner Sat 26 Nov 2016, 11:26 am

Moneybox, really sorry to hear that tragedy, that's terrible. I am taking all precautions before I go out there, I will be having all necessities, including an epirb, water, food and so on. For filming I have quite a bit of experience so far, studying it in school, making short little comedy films with my brother when I was around 13 years old, and up to now still editing film and shooting it now and then. I hope my footage out there is ameture looking also, will add just the extra sense of legitimacy to the trip. And I too look forward to sitting down and watching it later on.

danowner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down