Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Geomaps tenements download

5 posters

Go down

Geomaps tenements download Empty Geomaps tenements download

Post by Bignuggs Sat 19 Nov 2016, 12:20 pm

I should have called DMP yesterday but I didn't so here's my question.  How often do they update the tenements download for Geomap.
Yesterdays download did not match Tengraph.  The download was showing some tenements as Pending when Tengraph had them as Live as they were granted a few weeks back.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Geomaps tenements download Empty Re: Geomaps tenements download

Post by Moneybox Fri 10 Feb 2017, 10:32 pm

I think the best option might be the new "The Happy Prospector" app. I bought a Samsung Galaxy tablet from Telstra. The guy assured me that he could get Geomap to work, he couldn't. He ended up installing "WA Geology" and told me that it will work out in the sticks, it won't.

I need to have the tenements boundaries on a mobile device when out of telephone range. I can get a GPS dongle for the laptop but it's a bit of a handful compared to the little Samsung on Android.

Back to top Go down

Post by mada Sat 11 Feb 2017, 7:56 am

most new tablets have an internal GPS receiver. I have a 6 year old Galaxy 10.1 and I use it out bush and the GPS works great. DMP use the newer GDA94 so if you have an option on your tablet change from WGS84 to GDA94

Geomap should work I have NOT tried it. WA Geo will not work also the function is not available as they will be soon releasing a new version of Tengraph which will be a combination for WA Geo and Tengraph. Got that from the horse's mouth at the DMP he is one of the development guys.

mada

Back to top Go down

Post by mada Sat 11 Feb 2017, 7:58 am

Been waiting for the Happy prospector and only now just realized its available. Could be the best option.
Although I do worry what data is collected (secret locations) hahahaha.

mada

Back to top Go down

Post by captain Wed 22 Feb 2017, 11:01 am

DMP update the tenement Data every weekday at about 10PM.

So your data is only as up to date as the last download. BUT if you update the day before you head out and are out there for two weeks could some things go live while your there, sure,  but you have made best effort to make sure your legal, and I think most tenement holders would be understanding.  

You can also have a pretty good guess if a tenement could go live in the next few weeks, by the date it was pegged, as I think the absolute minimum time it takes from pegging to being granted is around 9 - 10 months, assuming you have done everything, agreed to everything etc.

From what I've seen "Ps" that are pegged by individuals tend to go live around the min time or close to it, but P, M & E pegged by companies can be pending for years, as they take the slowest route because that way they control the ground long term, without having to spend any money in rent and rates.

Geomap will not work on a Galaxy Tablet as it runs android.

Just my take on it.

LM

captain

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueapps Wed 22 Feb 2017, 11:26 am

mada wrote:Been waiting for the Happy prospector and only now just realized its available. Could be the best option.
Although I do worry what data is collected (secret locations) hahahaha.

Hi Mada,  No we don't collect any data. not a bad idea tho.
the current version gives you GPS location against the overlaid tenements.  Had a couple of crashes on some devices and am working on the fix for that at the moment, caused by Android not being able to load 32 bit and 64 bit stuff at the same time, so we are in the process of dumbing down the files we load to only 32 bit which should fix the problem.  I use a Samsung Galaxy S5 for some of my testing and it works, one customer has the same phone and it crashes...... go figure.

Am also trying to get the additional opt in files up and running before the season starts, but am concentrating on the IOS version for Iphone and Ipad first.

Kurk
Blueapps
Blueapps

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueapps Wed 22 Feb 2017, 1:26 pm

Bignuggs wrote:I should have called DMP yesterday but I didn't so here's my question.  How often do they update the tenements download for Geomap.
Yesterdays download did not match Tengraph.  The download was showing some tenements as Pending when Tengraph had them as Live as they were granted a few weeks back.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Hi Bignuggs

If you are downloading the tenement file but your displayed tenements is different to tengraph then I suspect that your are not downloading them to the right spot to you don't have GeoMap installed/configured properly making it easy to user and update files.
This is very common as by default Windows puts downloads where it wants not where you want, and often you will see files named tenements, tenements(1), tenements(2) etc and that's whats causing the problem.

PM me for more info.

Kurk
Blueapps
Blueapps

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 25 Feb 2017, 10:01 am

I have all the Geomap stuff in one folder so just wondering if it would be ok to delete the old tenements download before downloading the new one.
cheers
Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Sat 25 Feb 2017, 10:11 am

Bignuggs wrote:I have all the Geomap stuff in one folder so just wondering if it would be ok to delete the old tenements download before downloading the new one.
cheers
Cliff

Yes Cliff, I just highlight the tenements in the Geomap menu and hit delete. Then I add a new file, you can search to make sure that you have a Tenement file with the correct date, and then import it. Then you have to format it again to get the pending and active, colours etc.

It would most likely work without all that hassle if you could simply replace the source file with the new one but I'm not that switched on.

I did find that if you load the tenements before the maps your data won't show on the map, it's covered by the map layer. It's best to load the tenement file and abandoned mines etc last. Phil

Back to top Go down