Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!)

+14
CrazyPete
shorty
NuggieDreamer
wizman
Nightjar
goldstrijk
Moneybox
Flying kiwi
martinjsto
Bignuggs
gold n beer
Ttrash
Nanjim
purple-dragon
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!) - Page 2 Empty The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!)

Post by CrazyPete Tue 24 May 2016, 12:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well, that seems to be the general concensous on these great machines that you hear around the traps.
And they dont even go anywhere near deep enough to have a chance at a decent weight.
Ive gotta say a big "Bullsh!t" to both of the above comments.

Went out for the weekend with my lovely fellow scratcher "Rie", Back to our old haunt, we've both been doin
really well on that patch with our two SDC's, and it's no secret patch, just one that we call our 2nd home in the GT.
So far we have pulled well over 350 bits off that flogged 100x200 bit of ground but nothing to really write home about, just ya
usual smallish SDC stuff with the odd coupla grammer like below

The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!) - Page 2 Img_2012

The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!) - Page 2 Img_2013

Anyways, this time there, was to be like no other, sure it all started out the same Very Happy  Arrive at our camp, grab a coldie and have a gander over the place, see if anyone else has been in there since our last time.
Set up the swag, get the lighting sorted, bite to eat then settle in for a good few more drinks before riggin up and
actually starting to prospect The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!) - Page 2 2517112348   cheers lol!

We pulled a few up to 1.5 grams over the Sat/Sunday then Rie says, lets take monday off work and stay one more day Very Happy
And it took me 1 second to agree with her, so Monday morning comes, we rig up and i lead her a few hundred metres
through the scrub to some good looking ground i'd sussed out the day before and wanted to have a swing on.

15 minutes into it and Bang!  i got the first one, next Rie starts pullin a few and i go over to show her me latest
bit to keep the juices flowin The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!) - Page 2 1511110000
I walked back over to where i dug that last one and within 10 feet i got that lovely mellow drop tone that we all
live for eafgh fhsdfg  now to the diggin wegr

18 inches later in chocolate brown wash with no sign of bedrock yet i reached down into the hole to scoop out
the loose stuff, all the time thinkin " this is probably another busted off pick end" and stone the flamin crows Shocked
i see that lovely glint lookin back at me, so i wipes off more dirt and ohhhhh man was it a nice nugget cheers

I re buried it and called Rie over and said "stick ya coil in the hole" Razz
Scrape it out i says hahahaha
Shoulda seen her face when the gold showed up cheers lol!

The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!) - Page 2 Img_2014

The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!) - Page 2 Img_2017

The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!) - Page 2 Img_2016

The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!) - Page 2 Img_2015

The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!) - Page 2 Img_2018

Got me a fresh set of Dentures too cheers Razz Razz

The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!) - Page 2 Img_2019

Already planning the next visit to that new patch, should be a Pearler Cool

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!) - Page 2 Empty Re: The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!)

Post by BIG GEM Thu 02 Jun 2016, 6:57 pm

Fantastic find and story. Congrats to you both. More to come we are sure.

Bob & Joan

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!) - Page 2 Empty Re: The SDC 2300 only finds shallow fly shite.. (Oh Really!!)

Post by Peaky Fri 03 Jun 2016, 7:04 am

Hi Pete 
Just got back from the bush and see you are at it again Brother 

Great find mate 

E Mail old Fred a pic he will been keen to see that one 

Peaky

Back to top Go down

Post by CrazyPete Fri 03 Jun 2016, 9:17 am

Bob & Joan - Thanks guys Very Happy The Tojo is packed and we're leaving in a few hours to re visit the spot since that find, high hopes for sure eafgh

Peaky - Cheers mate yeah she was a good dig alright l;wfh
Seem to have lost Fred's email addy, can ya PM it over mate Wink
Hope you got a few in the can on your trip, you can always txt me ifya need a weather report but it could be dodgey lol! lol!

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2