Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Places around metro

5 posters

Go down

Places around metro Empty Places around metro

Post by danowner Sat 20 Feb 2016, 4:33 pm

Hi, I've currently got the GPX 5000 that I've hired for the weekend. Today was absolutely wasted. I drove to Gin Gin, almost 1 hour drive, and went to 3 properties. One of them, no one was home, the second place, I asked the owner, and he didn't even ask what we were looking for, just rudely looked me and my brother up and down and said "Yeah nah don't think so", when I told him we have our miners right and just wanted to ask for permission to use the detector on his empty field, with no cattle, no vines etc. Literally deserted. So that was rather disappointing, then we went to another property, which like the other 2 had a high Iron and quartz content, as seen on the ASTER minerals software, got directed to the owner's house, not before being laughed at for trying to find gold where gold is most definitely going to be, the owner on the other hand was extremely nice, but informed me that he didn't own the land, and his land had a live tenement on it, so it was off home I went. Got a property that I go to with my dad in Gin Gin, where we hunt, red rock and heaps of boulders, so could be good. Going to give that a crack this arvo, but I need some more places in Perth, hopefully no more than 100km's from the CBD. Not asking for spots where you've found gold, just need a few spots that are just public land, that I can prospect on, so no reserves, nation parks etc. Cheers guys!

danowner

Back to top Go down

Places around metro Empty Re: Places around metro

Post by Nightjar Sat 20 Feb 2016, 4:49 pm

Worth researching;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by danowner Sat 20 Feb 2016, 4:59 pm

Just had a look there, it's all state forrest, is that public and legal to prospect on? Also, it mentions 'Bunbury road', but there is no Bunbury road anywhere near Jarrahdale, especially 4 miles out

danowner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat 20 Feb 2016, 8:07 pm

Explained 1st paragraph;

Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sat 20 Feb 2016, 8:23 pm

More info here;

Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by danowner Sun 21 Feb 2016, 8:52 am

The entire forrest is bloody live tenement. I swear these mining companies are just being greedy now, there is literally no where for me to go in Perth area, Toodyay will be full of people who don't want me prosepcting on their property too.

danowner

Back to top Go down

Post by danowner Sun 21 Feb 2016, 9:46 am

There is a live mineral lease on there, do I still need permission?

danowner

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Sun 21 Feb 2016, 10:21 pm

danowner wrote:There is a live mineral lease on there, do I still need permission?

Dan it might be a good opportunity to try submitting a 40e application. That way you might feel more confident looking at a wider selection of land.

Back to top Go down

Post by danowner Mon 22 Feb 2016, 8:11 am

Hi MoneyBox, I had a look into the tenement info, it's a mineral lease owned by Alcoa Australia. I emailed them asking for permission as their 1 tenement covers the entire forrest, and it's all the 1 mineral lease. The DMP site states that for a 'mining lease' you just need written permission from the tenement holder, which in this case is the company. Also, it states that for an 'exploration tenement' you have to use the 40E permit. So im assuming that the 'mineral tenement/ lease' is referring to the mining lease. Going to call the DMP today.

danowner

Back to top Go down

Post by shorty Mon 22 Feb 2016, 9:39 am

Hi Dan, Alcoa will be mining around North Dandalup dam and through to serpentine dam for the next few years so I doubt you will get into those areas for quite a while.
shorty
shorty

Back to top Go down

Post by danowner Tue 23 Feb 2016, 1:30 pm

Oh really? That sucks if they deny me, but I've sent an email to a guy there, not sure his job tittle but security told me that he's the bloke to speak to. No reply yet via email so I'll call in the next hour to see if I can talk to the right person. If they accept me going there, I'd be more help than nucense, will report if I find any gold and if I do, it's exact GPS Coordinate, and I'll be reporting my journey along the way on here too. I reckon I'll find at lease something. A user on here called Fredsnuggets has been such a bloody good help and has sent his old XT 18000 to me too, so I'll have that to detect with, really stoked to get out there if they let me

danowner

Back to top Go down

Post by Viper Tue 23 Feb 2016, 7:59 pm

Mining Companies always deny their real roots Dan.

No ground in W.A. has ever been found by big companies

But always by people like yourself....

Don't give up heart.... you will find it...

Places around metro 1946659557
Viper
Viper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down