Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buying a GPX 5000

+5
Bignuggs
gold n beer
cruiser1
mulgadansa
Moneybox
9 posters

Go down

Buying a GPX 5000 Empty Buying a GPX 5000

Post by danowner Sun 14 Feb 2016, 11:08 pm

Just found a GPX 5000 online for $850 AUD, free shipping g and many reviews of the item, people from Aus, USA and all over. Some posting personal photos of their package they received, seems too good to be true, but seems too true to be false. Thinking of selling some things I have laying around to get it, and I can give you all the word on its credibility. But how do you guys feel about the 5k? I'm planning on going out to Toodyay and up in Gin Gin here in WA, was planning on panning, but came across this and thought I might as well try it out. I know exactly how to get my money refunded, used this reputable site before and had no problem getting refunds etc. So, review for the 5k and would I be able to get some help with it when I get it? It will be my first ever proper, professional metal detector, I suspect it's professional due to all the talk online about it. The order comes with the frame you hold it with, that clip on box at back with sensitivity and such, then the what I expect to be audio aplifier. Oh and the coil and headphones. So all looks good. Cheers!

danowner

Back to top Go down

Buying a GPX 5000 Empty Re: Buying a GPX 5000

Post by Moneybox Sun 14 Feb 2016, 11:19 pm

Sounds like a REAL scam....

You've got to believe the GPX5000 is a great detector by simple looking at how many serious prospectors use one but they don't buy them for $850 What a Face

Back to top Go down

Post by Moneybox Sun 14 Feb 2016, 11:30 pm

danowner there's a lot of information out there on counterfeit Minelab machines. And they don't work properly..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

Post by mulgadansa Mon 15 Feb 2016, 7:39 am

Gday Dan
DON'T DO IT.
Phils right, the 5k is a cracker but 2nd hand should still cost you about 3k,4k.
This'll be a chinese box I reckon.
Cheers
Brett

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Mon 15 Feb 2016, 7:41 am

Have to agree with Phil and Brett sounds too good to be true.Check the serial number with minelab.
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer Mon 15 Feb 2016, 1:28 pm

there is one on gummie for $3500 and it is a fake, some fella put a gummie ad saying he checked it out and was a el fako.
so some smart scammers do try and sell them for around asking price.
$850 stay away mate, it may make a noise but will not find you gold.
also i'm not sure if you are aware most prospecting stores hire detector's, no need to pan and save every cent to go have a swing. they do daily or weekly hire's and you get the sdc/4500 for $37 /day or 5000 for i think $45/day. only issue is you don't get much choice of coil usually but all coils supplied will find you nuggets.
cheers
jase
gold n beer
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by danowner Mon 15 Feb 2016, 2:20 pm

Gold n beer, I never knew you could do that, yeah I'll probably do that. The plan was to go out with a detector, and hopefully find enough nuggets over time to pay for a genuine GPX 5000 or better, and then get into serious detecting. Can anyone link me to a hire site perhaps? Or even a tutorial for the basics of the 5k?

danowner

Back to top Go down

Post by gold n beer Mon 15 Feb 2016, 2:49 pm

read the private message ( PM} i've sent you.

i hire from reeds prospecting in Bellevue.
check out there web site
gold n beer
gold n beer

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 15 Feb 2016, 7:34 pm

I'm sure a lot of the 5000 owners here will tell you, you won't learn from the book. You can but it will take time.
You really need to tag along with an experienced detector operator.
See if you can go out as a tag along with one of the forum members. I'm sure they won't mind and you will learn a lot.
cheers

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Mon 15 Feb 2016, 11:44 pm

i will be going out quite a bit this year so maybe around mid winter or when i get back from my pilbara trip end of may you could tag along one one of my trips i will be doing early june and i will be happy to share info. stories and sink a couple with you. i dont do the share gold thing as that IMO, just creates problems but will be happy to show you what ground to look for, setting up the detector, coil selection etc. im no pro thats for sure but do quite ok and usually get some gold. you will need a PLB and GPS,  a good reliable vehicle preferably a well maintained 4wd some camping gear and a good attitude as i have been out with some people that think we are here to show you the gold and that just doesn't happen, anyway main thing is to stay safe out there.
cheers
Martin

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danowner Tue 16 Feb 2016, 7:04 am

Yeah no worries Martin, I have a good attitude towards it, plenty of camping gear, but a Honda CRV all wheel drive, so not exactly a 4WD. I should be tagging along with another member too this year some time, and will be going out this weekend with my brother, hopefully hiring the Minelab 5k to gain some experience. I've watched a few videos and I Learn things really quick most of the time, and on my own. I'd still love help, but I'll let you all know how I go this weekend. That's another thing, I'm planning on going to 2 different general areas on the weekend, sat will be Toodyayish area and Sunday will be Gin Gin area. Anyone know any good spots in those two places? I'll be panning in Toodyay area at the Avon River and also a brook, but that's for my brother. I've got some flat land in min for metal detecting. But I'd love to hear suggestions.

danowner

Back to top Go down

Post by danowner Tue 16 Feb 2016, 7:06 am

Oh and the plan right now, as crazy and unrealistic for a first timer is, to hire the 5k a few times, hopefully finding a good spot and gaining enough money from gold to pay for my own 5k pro pack with the pinpointed etc. Then I'll get into trips and stuff like that

danowner

Back to top Go down

Post by fredsnugget Tue 16 Feb 2016, 6:31 pm

Hey danowner
I have a minelab XT 18000 sitting in the spare room that is still in good working condition(barring a broken armrest thanks to the removalists). Have an extra coiltec coil with it and 12 and 240 v chargers. If you are interested and want to pay for postage from Port hedland to Perth its yours. You seem keen and might give you a bit of experience with a detector. Its only gathering dust and plenty of people have helped me out so time to pay it forward
fredsnugget
fredsnugget

Back to top Go down

Post by danowner Tue 16 Feb 2016, 10:51 pm

Hey Fred, mate that would be amazing. I'd happily pay for postage, it would help me out heaps with starting off, and I'll be sure to pay you back the price of the detector once I find some gold, I'm so thankful you'd offer me that man. I'll PM you now :)

danowner

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Wed 17 Feb 2016, 1:20 pm

now thats a great offer from fredsnuggets, the xt will get you started thats for sure. some great people on this forum and this is what its all about, helping others any way possible. a big thank you fred from all of us here.
cheers cheers Buying a GPX 5000 1802170214 Buying a GPX 5000 1802170214 Buying a GPX 5000 1802170214 lweg lweg

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danowner Wed 17 Feb 2016, 1:28 pm

Yeah I've been thanking him so much, I will be paying it forward so hard, I am so appricative of Fred doing this. I've been looking that model up and I can't wait to get out prospecting with it, if all goes good after a while of doing this, I hope to even pay it forward a 5k

danowner

Back to top Go down

Post by Peaky Wed 17 Feb 2016, 4:20 pm

martinjsto wrote:now thats a great offer from fredsnuggets, the xt will get you started thats for sure. some great people on this forum and this is what its all about, helping others any way possible.  a big thank you fred from all of us here.
cheers cheers Buying a GPX 5000 1802170214 Buying a GPX 5000 1802170214 Buying a GPX 5000 1802170214 lweg lweg

Agree Martin

Danowner

If I can help in any way let me know
I have a heap of information that I'm happy to pass on
Just PM me with anything you are after

Peaky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down