Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gpx 5000 blasts ears

3 posters

Go down

gpx 5000 blasts ears Empty gpx 5000 blasts ears

Post by rapta7 Sat 22 Aug 2015, 12:25 pm

Hi
has anyone experienced GPX 5000 suddenly increase in volume after swinging for several hours.
Checked the settings and target vol had jumped from 15 to 18 but seemed like 40....if only I could have kept it
at that volume, because my hearing is not that good...also seems to want to cut out...any ideas....thanks

rapta7

Back to top Go down

gpx 5000 blasts ears Empty Re: gpx 5000 blasts ears

Post by Flouro Sun 23 Aug 2015, 9:26 am

Hi Rapta7,

Common problem with the earphones is that the wires are so thin that they do break easily especially as the wire insulation cracks with age and the wire breaks

Always carry a spare set with you or soldering equipment and a new plug to solder on as the one with the earphones is non replaceable

Sometimes finding the fault can be difficult because you might wiggle the power cable from the battery and in doing so the earphone wire is being moved and you think the wrong wire is the culprit

Best policy is to carry spare everything

Ron

Flouro

Back to top Go down

Post by rapta7 Mon 24 Aug 2015, 8:27 pm

thanks Ron, I only just decided to send the box into Minelab to have it serviced and explained to them what was happening, yes and I tried 2 different sets of earphones so hopefully they will find the problem in the control box ..will keep posted ..cheers

rapta7

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoopa Mon 24 Aug 2015, 8:49 pm

rapta7 had a similar issue years back and it turned out to be a battery issue. i to tried different headphones and leads and finally got it to being the battery. it was a lucky lark which got sent back and repaired.
good luck hope you find the culprit

hoolahoopa

Back to top Go down

Post by rapta7 Tue 25 Aug 2015, 8:41 pm

cheers mate, need it back yesterday...

rapta7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down