Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EQ Spirit headphones

3 posters

Go down

EQ Spirit headphones Empty EQ Spirit headphones

Post by homer08 Sat 21 Mar 2015, 10:11 am

Any feed back is welcome. I have aquired a second hand GPX5000 at a good price.
It has an EQ Spirit battery and wireless link with it.Koss headphones as well.
I will be running the EQ battery and Koss headphones or speakers.
Has anyone used or still using the EQ battery with wireless link and noise cancelling headphones.
The idea of having no battery or headphone cables getting in the way sounds good to me.
How well do the noise cancelling headphones work, would you recommend them?
Would appreciate some opinions before I dig deep on the outlay.
Cheers,homer

homer08

Back to top Go down

EQ Spirit headphones Empty Re: EQ Spirit headphones

Post by dryblower Sat 21 Mar 2015, 12:28 pm

Hi Homer
I tested the EQ wireless headphones briefly and found they worked well , especially in a noisy environment such as when working next to a dozer . Because they are fully enclosed , they will be hot in summer , but keep your ears warm on cold winter mornings ! As you already have the EQ battery they would be a good addition if your a headphone man . Agreed , no cable is a plus . They will also give you a backup to your link . Reeds may likely have one you could test before purchase. Cheers, Jim

dryblower

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG GEM Mon 23 Mar 2015, 9:07 am

We both have them and brilliant concept but, we do get affected by EMIL very often and the only way to stop it is to press the auto-tube button. We have had them reprogrammed twice but it still happens so we don't know where to go from here. Any advice from the forum members would be apprecisted. Big Gem

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Post by homer08 Mon 23 Mar 2015, 10:40 am

Thanks for responses dryblower and BIG GEM.
Might wait to see if there is any more comments on what BIG GEM has said before i take a trip to Reeds.

homer08

Back to top Go down

Post by dryblower Mon 23 Mar 2015, 7:37 pm

Hi Big gem
Are you saying that you have to do an auto tune on the detectors ?
This sounds like it might be the detectors picking up external emi , not the EQ battery or headphones. The other possibility is if you are working in close proximity the detectors are interfering with each other.
As they are the supplier, have a chat with Jeff at Reeds and he should be able to sort it out for you. I used one for a few weeks on a 5000 and had no issues.
Cheers , jim

dryblower

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down