Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GPX4500 and enhance

3 posters

Go down

GPX4500 and enhance Empty GPX4500 and enhance

Post by Flying kiwi Sun 15 Jan 2012, 8:12 pm

heres my question. Very Happy

when is a good time to run in another timing?
I have got one season under my belt and am resonably happy i am getting the best out of my machine in enhance, with a good understanding of gain, stab, swing speed etc etc, and picking up nugs others have missed.
in the few times i have tried different timings on undug targets, I just cant seem to get a better response than what I allready can in enhance timings.
am i missing out on something here? or is running in enhance 99% of the time the way to go?

cheers Tom
Flying kiwi
Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

GPX4500 and enhance Empty Re: GPX4500 and enhance

Post by the speciman Sun 15 Jan 2012, 8:28 pm

GDAY TOM
imho i think enhance is the way to go here in the pilbara.
but you might enquire what balony thinks is the best timing in this area
good scratchin
cheers the speciman

the speciman

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Sun 15 Jan 2012, 8:41 pm

hey Gaza

yea but hes got one of those new fangled 5000s with the super duper gold sniffing timing on it Cool , will be interesting to see what others are running. the crazy hot ground of the pilbara that i cut me teeth on is prob best suited to enhance timing eh?
Flying kiwi
Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jan 2012, 6:07 am

g'day mate, i had a target and played around with the settings, i went from special to normal then enhance, i had better signal in special than i had in enhance. it could be the settigs i use but for some reason the enhance was weaker.
cheers
stoppsy

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrawa Mon 16 Jan 2012, 10:05 am

Stoppsy, special is not a timing bro....when you select special you have to choose one of the timings or it will be in the timing it was in set by the last Factory reset...... cant remember if its smooth or extra.??? scratch

Tom, its going to come down to the ground your on, and the fact that most now are not prepared to go back to using the older timings on the 4000/4500/5000....because of the noise generated. Not a great deal of folk are interested in retraining themselves for use of the older timings.

One of the best ways to retrain is to find a confident operator of a 3500, and walk with him/her, then mimic the settings.
If he is able to GB on the ground of choice with a 3500 and mono coil...then you are also with any of the GPXs.

On the other side of the coin, enhance maybe the best timing to be in on the ground of choice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Jan 2012, 11:35 am

Narrawa

Nice post mate, some good points made.

Tom

One of the least used Timings on the 4500/5000 is the salt Timings, and i think the reason behind that
is that most blokes are thinking "i don't work salt lakes so why use it", the further Nth we operate the
higher the average rainfall those areas get, and that has the action of bringing the salt up to the surface
and then in the dry season you can actually see the salt crystals crusting up, the salt course timing
will knock that problem right on the head and also its plenty powerful and sensitive.

If you notice when swinging you get a weee/right - waaa/left swing sound thats the build up of salt
in the ground, whack it into salt course in the back and you will be amazed at the stability and punch.

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Mar 2012, 8:39 pm

some good advice fellas.
Still messing with the settings.
Regards
Oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Mar 2012, 6:34 am

Your coil size can also affect your ability to use one set of timings against another.
Also, don't neglect tweaking your autotune.
If you can spend a day playing around with your settings and writing down the results of each variation it will put you way ahead.
All the timings and settings weren't put in the box just to fill up space. Use them. lwkgthgt kwdf

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down