Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4T area..pics

2 posters

Go down

4T area..pics Empty 4T area..pics

Post by Guest Mon 25 Aug 2014, 7:04 am

me and the womble decided to head of Sat arvo down to the 4T area for a look around..

with a mud map and phone directions all written down on paper we headed off about 12pm

The trip down there was uneventful and the roadhouse at Nanutarra will fleece every cent from a dying man.
Cup of chips and an ice-cream $12. So u blokes filling up your gas bottles have got it easy.

Bitumen road to Ularoo which is about 32ks past Nanutarra then about 12 ks of very good dirt track to the camp site.

The country has plenty of fire wood and all the right ingreedince for gold as well--quartz-ironstone-calcrete.

The major problem was the skeleton walking around with his chain attached. This character must have been down here for months coz every where u go there are chain marks everywhere. Hes not to bad either, hasn't left much in fact very little.

we couldn't find a crumb let alone anything else--absolutely no rubbish, maybe if u r on an old fence line but zip. That goes for targets as well. Mates that were already down there were doing OK, 20 gram piece just sun baking and a few others around the 2-4 gram mark --keeps the dream alive I reckon.

Spotted the 50 Oz reef but didn't like what was above ready to come tumbling down, so we left it.

Went and had a look at the 4T mine and that certainly was an exciting setup in its heyday. Travelled around the back down an old track that didn't seem to have any direction so we turned left and ventured down a very large valley with a mountain range on our right-ask the Leyland brothers--played around in various areas however we  eventually were beaten by the vegetation and had to back track and make a B line back to 4T some 10 ks away..

Overall I reckon theres still a few pieces down that neck of the woods but hard yacka and & 700ks from home round trip will test the most discerning adventurer. By the way if anyone finds my spotlight cover there is a reward.

If u head down to the area please phone MINDEROO Station and let Hamish know u r coming. Make sure your paper work is in place as well as he will want to have a squizzy.

regards
oneday

Last edited by oneday on Mon 25 Aug 2014, 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

4T area..pics Empty Re: 4T area..pics

Post by Banjo Mon 25 Aug 2014, 9:06 am

Thanks for the concise trip report Ray, sounds like some real nice countryside.
Any pics ?

Darren

Banjo

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 25 Aug 2014, 6:21 pm

a few picks of the area..
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
yep spinny almost everywhere..
the iron stone mixed with quartz and calcrete..
all good prospecting country

if u have the time u will get rewarded eventually.

yep don't forget the skeleton with the chain..hes been everywhere...
the 4T mine perched on a high ridge..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Banjo Mon 25 Aug 2014, 7:41 pm

Cheers Ray, great pics, thanks for sharing.

Darren

Banjo

Back to top Go down

4T area..pics Empty 4T area..pics

Post by Jackthehound Tue 26 Aug 2014, 12:56 am

Thanks for the write up and great pictures Ray

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down