purity of nuggets

Go down

purity of nuggets Empty purity of nuggets

Post by Guest on Sat 07 Jun 2014, 2:14 pm

I'm yet to see any gold nuggets that r up arouind 98% purity.

Even with gold buttons that I send to perth with a security firm have never even come close to 99% purity.

So if anyone has any nuggets that are over 93% I would be interested to see.

Pilbra gold is usually quite high in gold content but I'm yet to hear of anything better..

This brings me to the price of gold nuggets were everyone wants a premium for,

look forward to seeing high octane gold

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

purity of nuggets Empty Re: purity of nuggets

Post by snapper on Sat 07 Jun 2014, 2:48 pm

Hi Ray, not far from Lavo where I spent a lot of time, myself and 2 others found some good patches and one of these patches all the gold was around 97/98%, I had it tested in Freo, and the buyer was impressed with its purity, but other patches close by were nowhere near this.
I used this higher purity gold in my daughters bangle that I had made up for her. purity of nuggets Imgp3110
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by goldstrijk on Sat 07 Jun 2014, 4:24 pm

Very nice mate!!!!1 wegr 

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Porter on Sat 07 Jun 2014, 5:49 pm

Ashburton gold goes 98%, Nullagine is 92 to 94% from memory, Meeka gold is around 92.9%, Milli Milli is 97% +, Marble bar can be as low as 50% (electrum) and as high as 92 to 97% in the conglomerates.

JP

Jonathan Porter

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad on Sat 07 Jun 2014, 6:00 pm

Jonathan Porter wrote:Ashburton gold goes 98%, Nullagine is 92 to 94% from memory, Meeka gold is around 92.9%, Milli Milli is 97% +, Marble bar can be as low as 50% (electrum) and as high as 92 to 97% in the conglomerates.

JP

Hey JP,

Im curious what areas around Marble Bar are known for electrum as ive never heard of it before???
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by goldstrijk on Sat 07 Jun 2014, 6:03 pm

Hey JP
Milli Milli
Good spot that in the mid Eighties :-)

goldstrijk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Porter on Sun 08 Jun 2014, 6:27 am

pilbarachad wrote:
Jonathan Porter wrote:Ashburton gold goes 98%, Nullagine is 92 to 94% from memory, Meeka gold is around 92.9%, Milli Milli is 97% +, Marble bar can be as low as 50% (electrum) and as high as 92 to 97% in the conglomerates.

JP

Hey JP,

Im curious what areas around Marble Bar are known for electrum as ive never heard of it before???

Out the back of the Normay mine 12 years ago I got onto a patch of stuff that was full of holes like an Aero bar, it was almost green it was so silvery. Got a 6 ounce solid near there that would have weighed 12 plus ounces for equivalent size if it came from Nullagine. I cringed when I got the assay back, the worst area after that was up in FNQ where the gold went 66%, you got to find a lot to make wages when the purity is that low, thankfully the 82 ounce slug I found up there was bought for gold price ($19 per gram :-( ) , wish I'd kept it all in a draw, but hey no ones born with a crystal ball!!

JP

Jonathan Porter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon 09 Jun 2014, 7:28 am

Interesting.

http://www.gold-net.com.au/archivemagazines/jul02/33503861.html#2

http://golddetecting.4umer.net/t8120-purity-of-triangle-gold

For those of you who don't know where the Golden Triangle is in Victoria

purity of nuggets Gold-tri_zpsd26ba2df

Back to top Go down

Post by mulgadansa on Mon 09 Jun 2014, 12:10 pm

Gday Oneday and All
Back in the 70's and early 80's we used to be members of the Gold Producers Association (defunct now I think) and posted a lot of our finds from detecting and sluicing to them for refining and sale. All from around the Meeka area and it was consistently above 98%.
I did see a nice nugg from the Nullagine area that should have gone a couple of ounces but it was a really weak yellow and was struggling to make the ounce. More silver than gold I think.
cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa

Back to top Go down

Post by Tributer on Tue 10 Jun 2014, 10:06 pm

My family has detected the Pilbara- east Pilbara for 17 consecutive winters. I have been a few times. We have over a dozen refiners assay results from the one refiner and they all come in between 87%-94% gold. Where a couple patches were visited years apart (after the spinnie burnt and newer Minelab models were used) the assay results were the same as they were 7 years earlier. A good sign the assays used by the same refiner are accurate.

A favourite detecting place of mine near Sunny Corner in NSW has gold that assayed at 82% gold. There are silver mines nearby and the gold deposits seem to form a ring, an aureole around the main silver mine zone
Tributer
Tributer
Tributer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum