Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

time for 10 day trip

+4
NuggieDreamer
albo
pilbarachad
martinjsto
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

time for  10 day trip Empty time for 10 day trip

Post by martinjsto Fri 14 Mar 2014, 10:51 am

hi all,
well the car is happy with a full tank, over 5k spent on her getting suspension, tyres, duel batteries and other engine mods done ready for the season.
I have been granted leave from home reno's for around 12 days so anyone keen on a 10 day trip I am planning on heading off Sunday or Monday
so PM me if keen.
maybe anyone already out there would like some company or has somewhere to detect I could tag along with I am keen as.
I don't know what direction yet, looking up to and around the Cue area north or Leinster/Leonora East so I am free ranging ATM.
I was going to catch up with Jason in the Ora Banda area but he is stuck on a lease for a few weeks yet and cannot get away.

so anyone on a massive strike and needs help digging it up im all yours lol  cheers  lol! 

Martin

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

time for  10 day trip Empty Re: time for 10 day trip

Post by martinjsto Sat 15 Mar 2014, 6:23 pm

all going to plan so far and heading off around 12pm tomorrow, going north of Cue around the lake Annean for a swing with flying Kiwi, seems to know his stuff so should be a good learning experience.
I will post pics as reception allows and maybe a vid or two when i return.
cheers for the invites guys
Martin

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad Sat 15 Mar 2014, 6:52 pm

Good luck out there mate- a bit more notice and i might of been keen to tag along  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 15 Mar 2014, 7:10 pm

all the best martin.

theres some good country out there u just have to walk over it rather than drive looking for good ground..

I am hoping a few members PM u with a bit of help.

its still to bloody hot up here and a very good lightning show over the hills in the distance..mind u have got the #1 scout in another part of the Pilbara doing a bit of negotiating with lease holders for when the weather does cool down--even looking to get our own lease if anyone has something they want to depart with.

Catch u when u get back..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 15 Mar 2014, 9:25 pm

cheers & send in any pics , doesn't have to be gold , have a safe trip n be carefull when the stubbies take over in the arvo & its firewood collection time , the most hazardest time off day ...chainsaws , roobarpushing snappygum , large nobby dead branches hitting the sunburned bald noggin , getting lost a bit , that's when my worst mishaps have occurred . cheers the list is long....
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sat 15 Mar 2014, 10:06 pm

thanks for the support guys, son arrived safe home from borrowing the car for a 600km round trip to Dalwallinu to pick up a horse, only issue was AT oil overheat but he was towing 2,5 tonnes at 90 to 100kph  Shocked will clear error codes in the morning check AT fluid level and all will be good.  A;QSCK 

not much room in the car, struggling to fit the driver with all the gear lol. was going to take the dog, even got a new full harness and mussel for her but alas i have no room, gotta get a good roof rack, ahh well, next time pooch.
Martin

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 15 Mar 2014, 10:39 pm

dogs can be a hassle sometimes prospecting , some see a goat & take off for hours ... hangin round waiting & you want to move on , cocky problems as well , eating the morning steamers & then get car sick & chuck it up 3 hours later all over the stubby esky in the car , then theres 1080 baits , or jumping out the back of the ute at 120 km after spotting some goats , doing the commando roll 121 times smashing the pelvis & having to shoot the poor bugger on the spot . nar , trusty is best kept at home , too hard.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by NuggieDreamer Sun 16 Mar 2014, 4:10 am

Take it easy and goodluck Martin and Kiwi, take lots of pics for us all,
I got to your post a bit too late and don't want to crash your party, besides I gotta watch the F1GP while I load up.

I travel a bit lighter than some so probably not the best to rely on but am heading ENE 4-5hrs out of town for a swing on some pending ground where at least there are some trees to dodge the heat, then maybe heading North if pickings are slim after a few days parch hunting and only if the weather stays coolish.
Leaving Monday for 3-5 days will give yas a shout when 'Shotgun Mutley' and I are back

... and let yas know if I see any one walking our way from a Golden Airliner parked on a local dry salt lake!
NuggieDreamer
NuggieDreamer

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sun 16 Mar 2014, 8:00 am

we are just hitting free and pending ground 50 odd km north of Cue and a few km south of lake Annean on the west side of the GNH. just behind the run of pending Prospecting leases camping just behind the old scrapes, no private party and all welcome.
if you get chance to drop in for a day or two i am sure you would be welcome to join us, goes for the lot of yas.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Sun 16 Mar 2014, 11:03 am

yea fell free to drop in if you are in the area,

Martin don't know about this knowing my stuff just wander around waving a sticky thing.
pinged one bit this morning 100m from camp so its here  kwdf 
it is a bit warm middle of the day but a bit of breeze around and cools off at night so not too bad...
Flying kiwi
Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Mar 2014, 2:23 pm

geez getting withdrawals reading about getting out--middle of march and still in the 40's

good on yahs --I suppose u'll all come back and flood the place with pics of women running around with the bare facts on detecting around hut 6--u can get lucky..tell em oneday says hello.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 16 Mar 2014, 3:23 pm

Lucky buggers   cheers   Hope ya's find some good gold and can't wait to see the pics and video.

Cheers
Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Sun 16 Mar 2014, 5:35 pm

Yeah good on you guys,get into it.If I was not painting the house at the moment I would have jumped at the chance to get out there with the both of you.

Cheers

Phil
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nightjar Sun 16 Mar 2014, 7:00 pm

Good luck fellas, hope you get onto a nug or three or a coldie or two.

Cheers

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

"Aging seems to be the only available way to live a long life."
Nightjar
Nightjar

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sat 22 Mar 2014, 9:02 am

Hi all,
I got back last night as I had to come home early. temp was 39 to 42 Monday and Tuesday and boy did I suffer, too hot for the day so only mornings and evenings detecting. I got stung by one of those orange and black wasps on the back of my neck and i thought I was hit with a shotgun blast, bot it hurt  time for  10 day trip 1533492315  then I started getting bad cramps and muscle spasms by Tuesday even after drinking around 8 lt water each day, I think i needed the staminade...  some times the cramps having me folded in two for half an hr so by Friday and no relief from the cramps and not much sleep i decided to retreat defeated only to fight another day.
found my little nugget  cheers  of 1.7g on the monday around old scrapings but nothing else after that but the detecting hrs were short. car went perfect and I used my gas fridge out of the caravan and apart from stopping the flame getting blown out from time to time it went great with ice cold solo and beers  to come back to.
couldnt find Tom on the first day but we stumbled upon each other later in the arvo and moved camp to an old mining camp close by.
Pics and vids to follow as soon as I upload them, and a lesson learned again about the heat, from now on all my trips are when its cooled down. we did find a old open pit that had a doorway that we drove down and had a great swim but its a big effort to get to the water but well worth it.
oh took the dog, had no worries as she kept within meters of me the whole time, apart from the heat and that she didnt want to wear her socks so she got a few prickles and of course wanted to eat the lizards and bugs but not her dinner.
great trip with a little bit gold to boot, a big thank you to Tom for his help and advice and sharing his spots and knowledge, he goes hard and is well set up apart from a new fridge or bigger batteries, lol.
cheers buddy, catch ya next time when its cooler and good luck with your leases.
upload pics and some short vids soon
Martin

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sat 22 Mar 2014, 1:14 pm

here is some pics

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sat 22 Mar 2014, 1:16 pm

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sat 22 Mar 2014, 1:19 pm

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 22 Mar 2014, 1:20 pm

Good pics and nice nuggie  cheers 

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sat 22 Mar 2014, 1:24 pm

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sat 22 Mar 2014, 2:14 pm

and some bad quality vids, lol

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sat 22 Mar 2014, 2:53 pm

cheers cliff. may have to head back there soon as I get some business sorted. had a mate offer to let me detect behind a scraper on a newly granted ML up in the Quinn area of Meeka, a definite for the cooler months anyway but i would like to be the first, see how things go.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cruiser1 Sat 22 Mar 2014, 4:19 pm

Great pics Martin.Sounds like you had a good trip even with the warm weather.If you ever want an extra vehicle to tag along just give us a pm.
cruiser1
cruiser1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Mar 2014, 4:55 pm

geez martin looks like u fellas r keepin up the sugar levels..
Mate u should invest in a side awning for that pajero of yours
get a 2.5x2m min and make sure u nail it into the ground coz any small breeze will pick it up and throw it over your car and damage the poles for sure...been there done that..bloody slow learners...bloody slow cup..

at least u r onto a few pieces..great photos as well--looks like u could do with a backhoe out there..some very interesting ground..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 22 Mar 2014, 5:12 pm

Martin, next time ya going out, tie me to the roof rack if ya running outa space   lol!

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next