Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BALLA BALLA VIA WHIM CREEK

2 posters

Go down

BALLA BALLA VIA WHIM CREEK Empty BALLA BALLA VIA WHIM CREEK

Post by Guest Mon 10 Feb 2014, 2:43 pm

You can also try the NE side of Depuch Island, I use to fish in around 8 mtrs of water on the drop off, I have caught black Kingies all year round - absolute unstoppable monsters I Use livies and dead bait, target the change of tide - you will also see them on the sounder, as they tend to move around.

All the shallow area's around West Moore and Depuch hold blue bone and are very worthy of themselves on light gear, even better when you can sight cast to some big beasts.

Depending on time of year, all the creeks hold barra, threadfin, jacks and fingermark- and plenty of muddies. Balla Balla cops a hammering from the grey nomads, so choose the creek systems to the west of West Moore and east of Depuch.The creeks are shallow, so be aware of rock bars. Infact be careful all around the area, it is quite shallow.

If you want to chase reef fish, I use to fish around Beagle reef and it's drop off's ( 33km from Balla Balla ramp )

Also Geographe Shoals ( 56km from Balla Balla ramp ) have worked well, alot of good ground in the deeper water off the shoals - have caught many red emporer, rankin, coral trout, NW snapper and massive cod species. If you are into diving, you will be amazed at the fish life and painted cray's.

Don't be annoyed if you catch massive cat fish when bottom bouncing, they tend to be in the same area as the Red Emporer.

Don't forget to troll between area's, I always seem to pick up Spanish macks, and you will have fun using jigs - the fish seem to fight way harder.

straight across from the boat ramp slightly on right hand side there is a point sit there at night and you'll clean up good hole there sat there one night and got smoked all night fresh mullet is the way to go

FOUND THIS SNIPET OF INFO TO BE VERY INFORMATIVE JUST INCASE U NEED A CHANGE OF LIFESTYLE FOR A DAY OR 2.

So nxt time u come by the workshop or at least see me dont forget the tax.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

BALLA BALLA VIA WHIM CREEK Empty Re: BALLA BALLA VIA WHIM CREEK

Post by Guest Mon 10 Feb 2014, 3:27 pm

by the way some of that country on the way into balla is well worth a swing over..

gold has been found out that way..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by salt-d Mon 10 Feb 2014, 7:11 pm

Good info oneday, bit to far for me to drag the boat over for a weekends fishing. Sad  Sad   Laughing 
Cheers
salt-d
salt-d
salt-d

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 10 Feb 2014, 7:35 pm

We used to catch queenies, bluebone and spaniards near the Dampier loadout jetty along the rock wall.
Ya gotta be quick before security found ya.  they used to jump and down telling us to get outa there but we just smiled back   Very Happy   
what could they do, they weren' t gunna swim to the boat to tell us ta bugger off, just wave and say , solly, no speak ingrish    lol!
as for the bluebone, nice eating.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down