Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Next

+2
martinjsto
Rege-PA
6 posters

Go down

What Next Empty What Next

Post by Rege-PA Fri 03 Jan 2014, 7:47 am

:study:  You find your first nugget of the day, how do you proceed? Start to circle from it, go directly away, look at the lay of the land? What is your method?

Rege-PA

Back to top Go down

What Next Empty Re: What Next

Post by martinjsto Fri 03 Jan 2014, 11:51 am

first i look to see if it eluvial or alluvial? then follow the water path or the downhill/uphill path accordingly looking for the second piece or indicators, i would spiral out from the first for a while, certainly get out the chain. the second piece can give you a starting line and/or a grid area. if no more are found re grid where you first started with maybe different settings, sometimes there are just loners out there, but if your on a patch then work it hard, clear all scrub and dead trees, rake the ground if you can. patches can fade out but start again so project outside the immediate ground as well looking for extensions.
good luck
martin

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rogawilco Fri 03 Jan 2014, 12:02 pm

yep I that's what I do, just as Martin has said.
Plus a bit of loaming/panning.
RW
rogawilco
rogawilco

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jan 2014, 12:20 pm

if there are a few pieces then i get me H/P rifle out --load up--and let go about half a dozen rounds in all directions that way if there is any other sucker in the area spying on me they will head for the hills and leave me to my own divices....
works every time.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by rogawilco Fri 03 Jan 2014, 12:46 pm

Oneday
Could you please stop doing that, as my ears are still ringing and im sick of digging up your projectiles. What Next 3179412840 
rogawilco
rogawilco

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrawa Fri 03 Jan 2014, 1:25 pm

by oneday monday on Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:20 pm
if there are a few pieces then i get me H/P rifle out --load up--and let go about half a dozen rounds in all directions that way if there is any other sucker in the area spying on me they will head for the hills and leave me to my own divices....
works every time.
So im out in the bush on me 40e right, when all of a sudden im hearing this H/P rifle being let loose from just over the rise. Stuff this, i'll just call the cops and let them sort him out. My wife and family are now to scared to come out of the van. Our friends are packing up and leaving also....why.??

Ray, thats just a basic scenario ....i could come up with a very realistic one if you like.??
Guns have their place mate, used in the manner your saying is not one of them. Your stupidity just got logged as a call out involving guns. That gos on record and is filed and used as a statistic against gun ownership.
And you'd be one of the first to whinge when the day comes you have to hand them in.
Look at the news.....that day is fast approaching.

Just my thoughts, and id have no problem calling the cops. I have just as much right to be out bush doing what i love doing without fear. Prospectors often camp close without even knowing there are others in the area.

Back to top Go down

Post by rogawilco Fri 03 Jan 2014, 1:52 pm

Hence it relly does pay to scope "no pun intended" your surrounds just incase a hungry prospector is in the area stalking some tucker. My favourite uncle was shot and killed whist deer hunting in NZ , my uncle and his mate were stalking what they thought was a deer on the otherside of a valley when it was actually another hunter stalking them thinking they were a deer. So he lost his patience and shot at a moving bush, my uncle. Our family quickly forgave this man and invited him to the funeral, it was just a big mistake. ALWAYS have a clear an defined target.
rogawilco
rogawilco

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jan 2014, 2:16 pm

no fear narrawa--I only use mine in a professional manner.
further more were i go then u would have to be as mad as me to b there in the first place.

as far as gun ownership goes well i think theres a bigger problem in melbourne and sydney with illegal hand guns..

fortunately mine are all legit.

appology if u were offended...they were tongue in cheek comments. and hopefully no one does that..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrawa Fri 03 Jan 2014, 2:44 pm

Not offended Ray, just tossing a basic scenario out there for the thinking.

You find your first nugget of the day, how do you proceed? Start to circle from it, go directly away, look at the lay of the land? What is your method?
Apply the thinking....where's there's one, there must be others. Look at the lay of the land and add a few mental images to it in respect to how it would have looked/formed some time ago. Look for rock bars and faults with catchment areas. Host rocks that may have been associated and work backwards from  where they lay now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggest Kev Fri 03 Jan 2014, 4:16 pm

C'Mon guys, geesus Ray was only taking the piss, I dont even know the man but c'mon fair suck of the sav. What Next 3179412840 

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 03 Jan 2014, 7:11 pm

It's Friday night and I was hoping for a quiet one or two  lol! 
Maybe I wished to hard  What Next 3179412840 
Carry on, this looks good.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 03 Jan 2014, 7:51 pm

It might be all tongue in cheek but shooting in the scrub is something to be taken seriously.
Guns aren't toys.
There's been lots of stories over the years of tyres being shot out, shots been taken at camps. True or False ? I don't know, it's never happened to me.
Do I shoot in the scrub ? I have done, but I always shoot in the direction of a hill or high ground and I certainly make sure no one is walking around me.
Taking a shot on flat ground is asking for trouble if you can't see what's up ahead of you and it's something I never do.
And I never will shoot at night.
If this is all too serious for ya's, too bad.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum