Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for all those who drink alcohol

2 posters

Go down

for all those who drink alcohol Empty for all those who drink alcohol

Post by Guest Wed 01 Jan 2014, 1:36 pm

must admit this guy knows what hes talkin about--been there done that..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

for all those who drink alcohol Empty Re: for all those who drink alcohol

Post by Bignuggs Wed 01 Jan 2014, 2:13 pm

Big difference between an "Alcoholic" who craves booze 24 hours a day and someone who just enjoys a beer or 2.
It's an addiction just like cigarettes and nicotine, legal drugs.
Better than the ass wipes who shove needles in their arms and want people to feel sorry for them.
I drink beer and smoke, all legal and my choice and I don't need someone preaching to me.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Jan 2014, 7:40 am

yes u do--u r getting old and u need all the help u can get for free befor altesizemers kicks in..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Thu 02 Jan 2014, 12:19 pm

addiction is a condition, it can affect anyone at anytime, most people have addictive personalities and will get addicted to something or someone during their lifetime.
we are all addicted to something,

by definition:

ad·dic·tion  [uh-dik-shuhn]  Show IPA
noun
the state of being enslaved to a habit or practice or to something that is psychologically or physically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such an extent that its cessation causes severe trauma.

a old man looses his wife and dies soon after..... one extreme example but still a situation of addiction.
people just tar addicts and look down on the alcoholics and tobacco smokers and drug users being legal or otherwise as the lower levels of life in our society. the fact is there are adrenalin addicts, people addicted to fishing, sex, toilet paper, surgery, and yes gold prospecting we all know of gold fever and the trauma it can cause individuals or partners, and there are many other severely traumatizing addictions around that are accepted as normal life but also causes as much if not more trauma to society or an individual than the ones commonly known and looked down on.
so to pin one type of addict as worse than another is wrong as they all have the same affliction just the substance of addiction can put people in bad situations or company or under the spotlight of the law.
the way i see it if your happy and not hurting anyone else then who has a right to tell you what you can and cannot do?
each to there own

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down