Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drying Gold

Go down

Drying Gold Empty Drying Gold

Post by Guest Mon 23 Dec 2013, 7:24 am

Befor I get my gold classified out from the sorting sieves I have one of those camping backpackers stove the one with the gas can. All of $12 at coles or your favourite camping store. I do have a large stove in my van but this thing is real easy.
This thing works a treat with a stainless steel frying pan --just a small pan of any sort will surfice--takes all of 2 minutes and don't forget to whine the heat back and continually shake the gold residue in the pan by simply knocking the saucepan against the palm of ya hand.

if u cannot view the whole picture then go up to the tool bar-- top of your page -go to View-ZOOM --click on 100%--

don't leave the pan unattended at any time..it cooks the moisture of in no time flat.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Once the product has dried completely I then put the gold-black sand through 3 screens and any material that falls through the 3rd screen goes directly into the mercury container.

the third screen--reckon u could have a wee in it and it would mist over yah feet --its pretty fine..
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The 3 products left in the screens takes me about half an hour to sort--something I enjoy.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Drying Gold Empty Re: Drying Gold

Post by albo Mon 23 Dec 2013, 9:35 pm

Great doin the cons Ray , at Jacobs , Halls Creek , all he did was run it down a mini launder sluice , 1 metre long & what ever went over wasn't lost as it went to a settling bin as well , got most of it anyway on the mini sluice & kept the tails poverty plastic containers to sort later when it rained when he had nothing to do , even had an old pensioner that helped him out sometimes & said your pay is in there , pan it out mate . for the time n effort to get the extra 10 percent crumbs he found his time was better to keep the loader dry blowing .
albo
albo

Back to top Go down