Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

back from trip

3 posters

Go down

back from trip Empty back from trip

Post by martinjsto Mon 28 Oct 2013, 9:48 am

hi all,
'got back last night after a great trip with blue dog and Chris and June in the eastern goldfields.
firstly a big thanks to Chris and June for the organisation you guys put in with the area and permits, thanks a million guys, and its nice to have something to report. also a big thanks to Cliff for the use of his machine, worked a treat and found some so a pick of a nugget coming your way buddy.
we managed to find 6.5 grams of small nuggets ranging from 0.4 to 1.6 grams that a friend said would make a great necklase if i get it mounted for karen. the gold was scattered over a small undulating latterite hill flowing down to a shallow creek. after gridding the creek thoroughly nuggets still kept popping up from the same patch so required a cross grid then a spiral pattern and still found gold. over 5 oz came out of that patch from 4 different operators and 3 different machines as the ground in the creek was deep in some areas and shallow in others so i decided after scraping off the top few inches to dig out the deep dirt and take it all home to pan as I am sure there is a lot of fine gold in it. I will let you all know the results. . i went over a old patch of some 400 nuggets that Jase had found weeks earlier, he would be one of the most thorough at gridding but ya missed one buddy, i found a nice 1 grammer in that area too only 10 mt square. so it goes to show you, its never all found no matter how good of a gridder you are
saw some great wildlife, eagles, lots of snakes about, one i nearly stood on and a heap of bungarras, one sat under a shady tree and just casually watched me stroll past detecting, didnt budge an inch and stood its ground making me walk around him, as he was over 1.5 mt long and at least 150 wide he had right of way. Very Happy we also saw 8 emu chicks and their mum on the road doing the usual and running along the road in front of you and staying on the road for a few km, got some pics and will post soon. didnt see or hear any dogs which is a good thing although the station caretaker said their was a pack of 4 around the area.
all in all a great trip but 1 week is not enough, next trip next year will be for a month and we are heading north,
pics to follow but must get car and van unpacked and cleaned back to the rat race.
Martin and Karen
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

back from trip Empty Re: back from trip

Post by Jack-Tar Mon 28 Oct 2013, 9:49 pm

wtf 

Jack-Tar

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Tue 29 Oct 2013, 7:44 am

scratch 
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Tue 29 Oct 2013, 7:32 pm

Jack-Tar wrote:wtf 
I'm scratching my head too.  Have I missed something.   scratch
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Nov 2013, 11:45 am

martin that was the old man with the chicks--the female emu just shags and lays eggs and incubates them then wanders off and does it all over again with another bloke...

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Sun 03 Nov 2013, 12:51 pm

thanks oneday, didnt know that, Very Happy  so its the good life for the female except to lay those eggs i guess jhgigfif   ... he was very protective of the chicks, especially the runt, stopping and hissing whenever we got too close. the little one make good eating im told.
martinjsto
martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Nov 2013, 1:00 pm

beautifull --the skin goes like pork crackle and the meat is finger licking good with plenty of salt..very lean so watch out next morning..

best cooked in the traditional way--aboriginal cook and recipe required..

u wont regret this delight..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down