Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A good beach detector

+3
nvchris
Goldbait
xenon
7 posters

Go down

A good beach detector Empty A good beach detector

Post by xenon Tue 27 Dec 2011, 2:10 pm

Hi all,m

Now that the summer heat has all but stopped the treips to the goldfields until April I was wondering whethger anyone has a good suggestion for a descent cheap beach detector.
I jave a GPX5000 but rechon this will be far to sensitive to take to the beach, besides, i dont fancy digging a 3m hole in the sand for a beer can.
Dont want to spend to much money on one for the beach but saying that, I dont want a piece of crap (if you know waht I mean).
Any suggestions would be very much appreciated
Regards
xenon
xenon

Back to top Go down

A good beach detector Empty Re: A good beach detector

Post by Goldbait Tue 27 Dec 2011, 4:35 pm

http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/fisher-f2-metal-detector.htm

The fisher F2 was suggested to me from members on this forum.
Goldbait
Goldbait

Back to top Go down

Post by nvchris Wed 28 Dec 2011, 12:38 am

Sovereign with the WOT coil.
nvchris
nvchris

Back to top Go down

Post by madtuna Wed 28 Dec 2011, 9:44 am

nvchris wrote:Sovereign with the WOT coil.
another vote here for the Sovereign
madtuna
madtuna

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Dec 2011, 10:19 am

Sovs are a good detector but not cheap at $1300 each.

Xenon i use my 5k at the beach also mate, and the way i limit the depth is to use a coiltek 10x5DD
and run in cancel mode, runs very smooth and that only gives me a max of 12"-14" depth on a 50c bit
but is super sharp for picking up rings and gold chains.
And using a DD coil also alows me to use the Garrett Pro pointer to find the targets easier, there's no
way i can even have that probe within 5ft of the 11"Mono when i'm on the gold...

P.S: Dont waste a minute at Sorrento Bch at the surf life club, i spent 4 hrs there last week for 3 junk targets and
one 10c bit, its totally thrashed as.
My best finds so far have come from Hillary's bch and Mullalloo Bch.

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 Dec 2011, 11:12 am

Love my Sov cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Woteva Fri 30 Dec 2011, 5:09 pm

I'd recommend the Sov GT also, 2nd summer season with mine and over the last three mornings have picked up $17+ three rings (1 x gold + 2 silver) from beaches in the northern suburbs.
Agree with you Pete, never done any good at Sorrento, maybe because I'm always following you???? Note to self "Get up earlier".
The other morning I found a ladies gold watch after 5 minutes on the beach, about two hours later just before I was about to pack up a young lady approached me and asked if I could help her find her watch she lost the previous day- yep, it was hers. It was a nice feeling to be able to give something back to its owner, she was over the moon at getting it back and Its not that ofter these days that a young lady gives an old fella like me a hug.

Regards

Al

Woteva

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 30 Dec 2011, 5:32 pm

Good onya mate... Very Happy

A lady came up to me a month ago and asked if i'd found her $2500 gold and platinum ring, unfortunately
i hadnt found it only a 9ct wedding band, but she did show me roughly where it was lost and offered a $500
reward and her mobile number if i found it, i searched the crap outta that beach for days but someone else
musta beat me to it..

Back to top Go down

Post by xenon Fri 30 Dec 2011, 7:06 pm

Thanks guys for the help. Might try the coiltec suggestion. Might be able to find enough "junk" to pay for a purely beach detector as I am a bit cautious about taking a $6.5k machine to the beach.
xenon
xenon

Back to top Go down

Post by Ash100456 Sat 31 Dec 2011, 5:36 am

Sovereign GT with a WOT coil is pretty hard to beat. Even the 10'' Std coil works a treat and i have had to dig some very deep holes to retreive the target. 15" WOT coil covers more ground & does go deeper. Just did over a small beach in the Lincoln National Park where we were camping, 1 x toy truck, 12 assorted sinkers, couple of swivels & a 10c piece along with the usual rubbish.
Cheers
Ashley
Ash100456
Ash100456

Back to top Go down

A good beach detector Empty at pro

Post by Jack Wed 04 Jan 2012, 11:22 pm

garrett at pro, works great at the beach, even goes underwater. great target ids on the screen, goes anywhere and easy to tune. discriminates perfectly but with the target id, i just leave it in zero mode and read the number.
also very cheap compared to minelab
Jack
Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jan 2012, 12:06 am

Jack thanks for the input mate & welcome to this motly crew of pirates

Arrrrrrrrr pirat

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content