Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nullagine here I come--Trip #3--photos added.

+7
Panther
bluedog
Bignuggs
matelot
AuHunter
snapper
pilbarachad
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nullagine here I come--Trip #3--photos added. Empty Nullagine here I come--Trip #3--photos added.

Post by Guest Tue 16 Jul 2013, 7:07 pm

stuff it --thought i'd head for Nullagine for a week and see what I can dig up.
heard on the grape vine that a lot of area has been torched again so will give the clear country a bit of a hit.

If there are any strays out there lookin to tag along then will b in the caravan park Wednesday (17-7)  night to head out Thursday morning

just look for the rego of my vehicle and u will find me somewhere around.
So catch u all next week sometime.

regards
oneday

Last edited by oneday monday on Sun 21 Jul 2013, 12:26 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Nullagine here I come--Trip #3--photos added. Empty Re: Nullagine here I come--Trip #3--photos added.

Post by pilbarachad Tue 16 Jul 2013, 7:41 pm

Good luck out there mate Very Happy 
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Nullagine here I come--Trip #3--photos added. Empty Re: Nullagine here I come--Trip #3--photos added.

Post by snapper Tue 16 Jul 2013, 10:26 pm

yer, good luck Ray, hope to see some good pics when ya get back.
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by AuHunter Wed 17 Jul 2013, 11:16 am

Geese mate your living the life that's for sure. I need someone to sponsor me so I can live the life. I know a rich guy and put it to him but he wasn't interested. Lol. If I were him I would do it just for the fun of it. It wouldn't even make a dint in his wallet either. He was always saying I work to hard so I said well.....it didn't fly though. Poor bugger has so much cash he's paranoid the women only want his money. I will have to do it under my own steam. It will be someday soon too.

AuHunter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Jul 2013, 1:27 am

Are the roads in reasonable condition after all that rain. Would be a good time to have a look around after all the rain and any burn offs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jul 2013, 11:21 am

nullagine is a great place to be this time of year. Before its starts really warming up mid september.....

Last edited by jitteryjim on Sat 20 Jul 2013, 11:35 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : spelling errors)

Back to top Go down

Post by matelot Sat 20 Jul 2013, 11:32 am

I think that you are getting a bit personal there Jittery.affraid 

Regards Roger pirat 

matelot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Jul 2013, 11:34 am

what do you mean ?????

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 20 Jul 2013, 12:34 pm

matelot wrote:I think that you are getting a bit personal there Jittery.affraid 

Regards Roger pirat 

Ya got my attention and I'm curious  Very Happy 

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

scratch   lol!

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by matelot Sat 20 Jul 2013, 1:12 pm

I sent you a P.M.

Matelot:pirat: 

matelot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jul 2013, 8:49 am

well that was a short trip--one well worth goin back to, when it gets warmer.

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jul 2013, 10:20 am

Hi Oneday,

You've got my interest,we have never prospected in spinifex country even the geo maps become different and I find it hard to decipher all the info with all the different colours on them

Down lower you can follow banded ironstone or quartz outcrops, it seems there is a different world up there!!

Ron

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jul 2013, 10:49 am

Hi all,
Didn't stay long enough --- was beaten by the wind and cold...
would like to say hi to the lovely couple at the Nullagine Caravan Park--well at least to Tracy--the other half was on sick leave.
A nice clean little caravan park were everyone wants to have a chat.

We headed out to Eastern Creek out to the end of the earth as far as I was concerned, the roads are of a very high standard in the Shire and they should be commended for their maintenance program--Everyone should slow down for every creek or wash way as their is still a lot of water in the area and these crossovers are rutted. Yep we got air born on one crossing and that was lesson learnt--mind u we were only doing 20ks/hr.-gear was air born just like me and u wonder what the hell was that .

Who ever told me that snakes sleep during the Winter then they forgot to tell the 2 snakes that I seen. Mind u one was 5' long and wanted to come along with me..I love snakes , don't get me wrong its just this time I didn't have my love handle called a shovel. I think this one is a Gwarda--stand corrected--NO ITS A PYHON.

We pasted a grave and an old car in the creek were a mother and a brother had perished some time ago--why the hell would u drive a passenger car out there is beyond comprehension...but unfortunately they did and paid the ultimate price--I gather it was summer coz u would have maybe got away with it if it was winter and raining..god bless.

The gold god did give me a couple of small pieces but next time should be a better show.

By the time I left camp it was 3.00pm so I said Stuffit and headed back home to Karratha. The nulla cold and howling wind got the better of me..but I will return.

On the way home I did manage to pick up about 30ks out  a 30litre drinking water container--a bit battered and bruised and about 45 ks out a camp stretcher on the road...All I needed now was the swag but that never eventuated--maybe next time.

Regards
oneday

regards

Last edited by oneday monday on Mon 22 Jul 2013, 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by matelot Sun 21 Jul 2013, 11:08 am

G'day Oneday, Nullagine is my stomping ground when I am in W.A. Beaut country. And some gold too, if you are patient.

Tracie and john always look after us, when we are in the caravan park.

Regards Roger pirat 

matelot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jul 2013, 11:48 am

Hi Roger,
we tend to go places that others don't go or don't know about and I think we covered about 80ks to get to were we wanted to b...u wouldn't get a van in there --slowly does it and u will get a trailer in.

you certainly couldn't come back to town everyday but if u are doing the circuit then the park is a secure place to stay...especially if u like to have a chat..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jul 2013, 12:02 pm

a few happy snaps befor the battery went flat--good onya.
the rivers--I think its the Stresslecky--could b wrong
Me mate that just wouldn't take no as an answer--he did eventually move on--don't know what he is (A PYHON) but was about 4-5' long.
Small black head and those bands all over his body--all dark shades obviously trying to warm up a bit more..
Caravan Park--Nullagine-- if any of u intrepid people want something a bit more civilised..

Past this poor bugger on our adventure to the back of assholeville and may god rest his soul--note the date and the inscription reads he was killed not died..

Well the things u see in the back of the never never--unfortunately this pair--a mother and her brother perished out here --how they made it this far is beyond belief--looks like an old eh holden wagon--note the bundies still in the creek and its a lot worst in another section of the creek..

The inscription briefly tells the story...don't take life for granted..
another shot on the way back---

the camp site--nothing flash -- no women --no mozzies --limited firewood..but we still found a couple of pieces..

The country side was spectacular that's if u like spinny and bloody hills and mountains to b sure..

yep no shortage of spinny -- swinging a large coil was a complete waste of time so used the trusty 11" mono..

so that's a quick encounter of yet another Oneday encounter..Must admit that why all the eastern staters come to this part of the world--cold and windy just reminds them of home, I suppose.

regards
oneday

Last edited by oneday monday on Mon 22 Jul 2013, 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 21 Jul 2013, 2:53 pm

Nice pics Ray.  I hear, it was that cold up there, it was difficult to pick up a sausage   lol!

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 21 Jul 2013, 3:05 pm

GARLAND Edward "October 4, 1911" Miner  Shamrock Gold Mine Nullagine age 38

Manager of Eastern Creek Gold Mine, Eastern Creek Nullagine.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bluedog Sun 21 Jul 2013, 4:13 pm

very nice pictures oneday looks like you had a great time:D Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
cheers bluedog

bluedog

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Sun 21 Jul 2013, 5:26 pm

Bignuggs wrote:Nice pics Ray.  I hear, it was that cold up there, it was difficult to pick up a sausage   lol!

Difficult to find your sausage in the first place....?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jul 2013, 6:29 pm

mate it was a challenge getting out of bed in the middle of the night--I was busting but there was a vital part of me that wasn't playing the game--bugger me dead I nearly died of frost bite just trying to have a piss..the bugger decided to play hide and seek..lol! 

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Panther Sun 21 Jul 2013, 6:49 pm

Heard you were physically handicapped. Couldn't see it in any pics of you, but now I know why.....Shocked Laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sun 21 Jul 2013, 6:58 pm

Before I get accused of double standards, BIG NOTE TO ME
I gotta be careful of my comments Very Happy  Twisted Evil 

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by picknshovel Sun 21 Jul 2013, 7:32 pm

Cheers for the pic's oneday, checked up on that joe blakey and got one of the kids to go find one for ya. Suspect 
He was probably cold and wind chilled too and wanted a cuddle to warm up, would of kept u warm in bed at least.Very Happy 

pays to get to know ya snakey's cos the wrong antivenom can make ya awful sick, heres a bunch from up ur way.

#4@..http://www.canetoads.com.au/snakes.htm

cheers; picknshovel.
picknshovel
picknshovel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 21 Jul 2013, 7:41 pm

yep that's the bugger that wanted to be my mate..
being wild I think he might have had other ideas..

thank god for that

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next