Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Best Whiskey

5 posters

Go down

Best Whiskey Empty Best Whiskey

Post by Rege-PA Fri 23 Dec 2011, 8:47 am

Very Happy Hi....I will be visiting WA in April to do some detecting and would like to enjoy a bottle of your best whiskey.....any suggestions are appreciated as I might have to try several Laughing

Rege-PA

Back to top Go down

Best Whiskey Empty Beer

Post by Rege-PA Sat 24 Dec 2011, 8:54 am

Sad So much for the whiskey.....any favorite beers :?:

Rege-PA

Back to top Go down

Best Whiskey Empty Re: Best Whiskey

Post by Yellow Hornet Sat 24 Dec 2011, 9:27 am

Wild Turkey whiskey, you didn't say if you preferred bourbon or scotch.

Coopers beer

These two can be taken in any amount and will always taste great and leave you feeling refreshed.

Yellow Hornet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 24 Dec 2011, 3:32 pm

I'll second the coopers pale ales.

But for a good drop of whiskey, hard to beat Glenfidich. drunken drunken

Back to top Go down

Post by silverback Sat 24 Dec 2011, 3:45 pm

nothin wrong with a fifteen year old Dimple!
silverback
silverback

Back to top Go down

Post by Dez Sat 24 Dec 2011, 4:09 pm

WA Whiskey

Australian Whiskey Distilleries

Make your own Whiskey

Make your own Whiskey 2

Taken from a site where I learnt how to build a still...

a note of caution
One brance of my family tree was in the Appalachian mountains of Virginia, US. They were not well liked by revenuers but they were by their customers. Some people thought it was okay to use just anything to distil spirits. Its not. For fuel use its probably fine but if anyone on here is planning on drinking anything then please read the following.
The stills built by my ancestors were all copper, assembled with fold joints, copper rivets and sealed with a paste made from corn starch, flour and cat tail fluff. The still was heated slowly to cure the paste and no solder was ever used on any of the connections. Where possible the copper was formed to a tight joint that really didn't need much help in sealing.
heated alcohol can and will disolve lead out of solder or even eventually from harder alloys. Do a search on pewter's contribution to lead poisoning in history.
Heat, steam, and alcohol vapour can leach out undesireable substances from materials not suited to distillation. Not all epoxies are chemically inert when set and may result in a contaminated end product. Even chemically inert epoxies may become chemically active if the user exceeds the epoxy's heat limitations.
Some brass contains small amounts of lead, especially brass which comes from certain asian countries and therfore should not be used for standard food or beverage containers much less under the conditions encountered during distillation.
I count most of you folks as friends I'd like to keep all of you around as long as possible :p

Back to top Go down

Post by groundrush Sat 24 Dec 2011, 5:25 pm

Do we produce a high volume whisky these days? There are some good boutique
Whiskeys around. Most now is imported with Mr Walker leading the way.
Who can remember the budget favourite Corio, Shocked made in Vic. Being a poor bugger it was the bottle of choice. Straight out of the vat into the bottle, strip paint with the bastard, wanted plenty of water or coke, but I defeated it with a dash of brown lime cordial and lots of ice. Another one about the same price was Bond 7, but that may have been imported.
groundrush
groundrush

Back to top Go down

Best Whiskey Empty Re:Best Whiskey

Post by Rege-PA Sat 24 Dec 2011, 11:31 pm

Dez.....I prospect in the Appalachians and can buy moon shine or "shine" as the locals call it for $10 a quart, maybe from some distant relative of yours Shocked They have perfected it and it tastes kinda like a good tequilla. I like to try the small batch locally produced as opposed to the international varieties. I get a small batch rye whiskey made in Iowa that is a prohibition recipe and states on the label that Al Capone drank it, and he only drank the best Laughing So I will go down through the listing and when I can try a shot or two. I must say that there is a small Appalachian distillery in Virginia only three miles from where I dredge that has a product called Kopper Kettle for $20 a bottle and I like it better than the $$$$$ stuff.

Rege-PA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down