Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reefy gold

+9
Wotif
albo
Nosralt
bluedog
K town swinger
Bignuggs
Flying kiwi
keating.gold
snapper
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Reefy gold - Page 2 Empty Reefy gold

Post by snapper Sun 17 Mar 2013, 4:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

G,day, came across a patch a few days ago and pulled out 44 nuggets with total weight being 20.4 grams, no big nuggs came out but managed a few just over a gram, most of the nuggets were within 2" from the surface and the gold is very reefy and some with ironstone, all in an area about 30 metres x 20 metres, and in one small spot i dug 5 nuggets all within a few inches of each other, im heading back there with some water and a gold pan and do some loaming and see what comes up, cheers Stu
Reefy gold - Page 2 Imgp2920
Reefy gold - Page 2 Imgp2921
Above is where 5 nuggets were next to each other,
Below pics is of the ground and one of the famous Elvis, [ she was on the front the Kalgoolie Miner lol! ]
Reefy gold - Page 2 Imgp2922
Reefy gold - Page 2 Imgp2923
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Reefy gold - Page 2 Empty Re: Reefy gold

Post by snapper Fri 29 Mar 2013, 5:00 pm

G,day Gringo, well i took your advice and went back to the patch today with the 18" minelab coil.
I decided to detect over the wash as its deeper and i did get a few littlies there with the 8".
Kicking sticks and branches out of the way i got a nasty bite on my leg and expected to see a brown snake hanging off my leg but looking down there was a friggin big ant and he stung, so quickly flicking him off i had a look at the ground and they were everywhere, on my boots and charging for my legs, these ants come straight at you, no messing around, so a quick dance and i was outa there way.
Its a 13k ride on the quad to get out here from camp so wasn't heading back just cos an ant bit me so kept detecting and glad i did.
Dug an 8" deep hole to get this funny looking 3.4 gram nugget out, the signal it gave made me think it might have been a specie as it was a wobbly signal, not long after i dug out the smaller .7 gram nugget. cheers Stu
Reefy gold - Page 2 Imgp2938
Reefy gold - Page 2 Imgp2939
Reefy gold - Page 2 Imgp2940
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 29 Mar 2013, 5:43 pm

Nice bits Stu and the ants were only protecting their gold Razz ya shoulda taken some video of ya dance routine so we could check out ya style lol!

cheers
Cliff
Bignuggs
Bignuggs
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 29 Mar 2013, 8:07 pm

I had one of them bite me close to the jewels last year, What a sight that what of been for some one looking Laughing
To me it looks as though the gold has traveled a bit.. I've found very similar looking nuggets that had traveled over 500m's The bigger ones were at the bottom of the run.. Maybe you have to find the point & tail of the patch to determine the run & go low slow in the deeper material. Wink
It's a pity your so far away 13k is a long way, That's not a bad thing especially if there's no roads leading to it
Your making me renege on selling my van.. . Got a feeling it's going to be loaded up next week so I can get a quick fix lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by krazycaptain Tue 11 Jun 2013, 8:37 pm

Stu looks like a location I came across at near Reedys. Well done
krazycaptain
krazycaptain

Back to top Go down

Post by snapper Sat 15 Jun 2013, 7:43 am

G,day krazy, where bouts is Reedys?
snapper
snapper

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 15 Jun 2013, 9:38 am

common snapper get up to speed mate , you can do it , south meeka , nth cue , slightly east .. in the high didle didle
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by krazycaptain Sat 15 Jun 2013, 9:56 am

Good day Snapper,
Yes turn east at Tuckanara homestead. There is a cattle grid perhaps 50/100 metres past the homestead then head in on an old mining road say 25km.then you should be at Reedy's.
Happy swinging.
Cheers
Captain
krazycaptain
krazycaptain

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sat 15 Jun 2013, 10:38 am

and to add to that as you leave Tuck from the great northern dry way & head east at the highest rise in approaching reedys , cant remember exactly , 8km or so yl see a gravel storage area  .. our best gold  came from  patches north west a km or so from there

oh yeh forgot to mention you might run into a bloke named Jamie.. bit like arfer ... the  locals will get it ..
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by krazycaptain Sat 15 Jun 2013, 1:51 pm

Thanks for the infor provided.

Might get back there one day.

Now heading north up the Gibb River road to the Kimberleys.
We are currently in Broome.

Cheers
Captain
krazycaptain
krazycaptain

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sun 16 Jun 2013, 10:04 am

lucky for  you & safe travels Cappin , hope ya find some cherabin up there  , cheers albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by decanfrost Wed 19 Jun 2013, 9:18 pm

Very nice.That ground looks familiar...not to mention those chain marks and even the brown ugly bit s on the nuggets..
I know ive been there.
well done Stu!
decanfrost
decanfrost

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnieL Wed 26 Jun 2013, 3:34 pm

Wow !  I'm stunned.  Well done.What a Face

Annie

AnnieL

Back to top Go down