Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fuel at Paynes Find?

5 posters

Go down

Fuel at Paynes Find? Empty Fuel at Paynes Find?

Post by Biggest Kev Wed 13 Feb 2013, 8:08 am

Hey guys does anyone know if the one and only servo,tavern,post office at Paynes Find has fuel for sale? I'm going to give Fields Find ago when I get my 40E dont want to carry jerry's if I dont need to.

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Fuel at Paynes Find? Empty Re: Fuel at Paynes Find?

Post by Biggest Kev Wed 13 Feb 2013, 9:01 am

All good, just rang the Tavern and yes they have fuel, new owners apparently.

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Feb 2013, 9:24 am

KEV i ALWAYS carry at least one jerry --u never know what may jump out and bite u..
Good luck out there..

regards
oneday

Back to top Go down

Fuel at Paynes Find? Empty paynes find fuel

Post by TED&LYNNE Wed 13 Feb 2013, 10:10 am

at paynes find last year and vowed never to purchase fuel again,bowser is the worst we have ever see.
it stopped and started,dial not able to keep up with flow and yet they charged us $2.15 per lt diesel,and then refused to supply a printed docket.
we latter checked our milage and consumption and we are possitive we were short some 25litres from their tally.

buyer beware ????????

TED&LYNNE

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggest Kev Wed 13 Feb 2013, 3:43 pm

Yeah we sometimes pulled into Paynes Find for fuel and a break, back in the days when we lived in Tom Price, no probs with the pump and fuel was cheaper heading south. Yeah Oneday, I dont like to carry jerry's of fuel I'd rather fill up at a service station, my Colorado has a long range tank but dont like to run it too low. Anyway I've got a generator now so will carry extra can of fuel for it.

Cheers Kev
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by martinjsto Wed 13 Feb 2013, 4:10 pm

I try to use all diesel I get from Perth first and refill the Jerry cans when at a town pump if required. in my old gal I can go 1800 ks on that. a bonus that is relevant to the above is that I get to actually see the amount I get compared to the pump reading and also I am not putting possibly contaminated diesel into directly into the tank, nothing worse than a fouled fuel system in the middle of nowhere. before I transfer from the Jerry to tank I take a good look for any water or crap, carrying spare fuel filters is a must. I learned the hard way filling up in a small S/W town but luckily not in the middle of the bush, bad fuel could be disastrous in prospecting.

martinjsto
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by mulgadansa Wed 13 Feb 2013, 4:16 pm

Good luck out there Kev. I love that Pinyalling/Fields Find area in about Aug/Sept when there's a truckload of wildflowers around. There's some great walks in the hills there and a bit of gold as well.
I'd have thought it would be an easy run in a Colorado from Wubin up there and back? I've got a Colorado. I always have 10 or 20 litres of diesel stashed away just in case.
cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Fri 15 Feb 2013, 8:27 pm

Hi Kev,

was at fields find (about a year & half ago), lots of rubbish in the old mining area itself so maybe fan out from there and see how you go. But I also had trouble (maybe coils or machine). I had a feeling there was something out that way with interference on a big scale. Why do I say that ? coz it sounded like I was hunting submarines, and it didn't matter what I did, it wouldn't stop.
But I do have an old extreme, the new machines should do better. Good hunting and we need to see lots of pics cheers

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down