Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

thinking ahead

2 posters

Go down

thinking ahead Empty thinking ahead

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 7:44 pm

Hi all,

Well im back in the uk now. Currently going through the process to see If I can emigrate back to the land of oz. Been thinking about vehicle choice as when i come back Ill need transport and it might as well be something which is suitable for prospecting and daily driving.

I have been looking at a land cruiser or patrol cab chassis and then to put a metal canopy on that to convert for sleeping and storage , water , power e.t.c.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a pre-made tray-back canopy supplier which is not crazy expensive ?

Any car suggestions or experience of ownership would be greatly appreciated.

cheers,

sam

Back to top Go down

thinking ahead Empty Re: thinking ahead

Post by Bignuggs Thu 27 Dec 2012, 7:51 pm

Hi Sam,

Nothing is cheap in WA anymore. It might pay to wait until ya get back to the West and look around for something in the used vehicle category that has already been made and set up.
Just a suggestion.

cheers
Cliff

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 7:53 pm

yeah have been nosing around , if I could get a trayback with a decent mental canopy on it then perfect. Does not seem to be that many around. All ready designed all the electrics loom, panel , to work with the solar .

Just wondering if anyone knows of good places in perth to get the canopy's :)

hope you had a good xmas btw chap :)

sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 27 Dec 2012, 8:20 pm

Here's something I just thought of for when ya get back, hit the vehicle auctions. Pick something up cheaper than you'll get from a caryard and maybe in better condition and a later model to boot.

btw, had a wet xmas and they went down well thinking ahead 3179412840

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Thu 27 Dec 2012, 9:03 pm

just to add a bit to this. if you get to the auctions, you could pick up something dirt cheap. A lot of the vehicle auctions here in the West are Repo's and the finance companies don't care what they get back even if the vehicle is sold at a loss.
Once it is sold at auction, that's it, it's yours. the previous owner wears the loss. And that's how it goes.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

thinking ahead Empty Thinking Ahead

Post by Yellow Hornet Thu 27 Dec 2012, 9:39 pm

Burnsy,

Fowles Mannheim Auctions operate in most Capital cities. They are about the most reputable vehicle auction mob in the country. The vehicles generally have a pre auction condition report thats pretty reliable and takes some of the guess work out of it. You could have a look at their site from the comfort of pommyland to see what they have to offer.

Yellow Hornet

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Dec 2012, 9:46 pm

yeah cool cheer chaps!

sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down