Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

gps interfearence

+2
Woteva
yella stuff
6 posters

Go down

gps interfearence Empty gps interfearence

Post by yella stuff Sat 06 Oct 2012, 12:00 pm

I am not sure if this has been mentioned but it's certainly something that needs to be highlighted. For a long time I have become used to instability problems accepting it as many other reasons and trying to deal with it with adjustment. I just returned from a poorly yielding trip to meeka and on my last day I discovered that my gps that ALWAYS dangles around my neck interfears with my detector whilst switched on. It causes instability with excess chatter and I have always detected with it on. I was so happy to discover this but I am saddened by the thought that every trip since day one would have mised gold because I was none the wiser. This trip I covered so much gold bearing ground using two weeks with much fuel and all I found was one little piece of quartz with a little streak of gold through it. I was using a 4500 with 300x470 coil.
Hope this helps others.

yella stuff

Back to top Go down

gps interfearence Empty Re: gps interfearence

Post by Woteva Sat 06 Oct 2012, 4:41 pm

Interesting comment yella stuff, I will keep it in mind when next out there. I have the yellow Garmin etrex and haven't noticed an intereference problem todate. But then I don't leave my GPS on when detecting, its only turned on when required, to save a location or retrieve one to get me home etc etc
Cheers
Woteva.

Woteva

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Sat 06 Oct 2012, 4:53 pm

That is interesting. Never thort about it myself but I never had the gps turned on. I've just bought a new one so I'll be watching this thread carefully.

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 06 Oct 2012, 5:47 pm

i never have a gps on or a mobile when swingin.
dont trust em

Back to top Go down

Post by hoolahoopa Sat 06 Oct 2012, 7:22 pm

Yep mine does the same Garmin rhino and also when talking on the two-way it beeps though the detector like a lightning spike

hoolahoopa

Back to top Go down

Post by K town swinger Mon 08 Oct 2012, 1:01 pm

Yep same here can't swing with a GPS or mobile turned on, to much chatter.

K town swinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Narrawa Mon 08 Oct 2012, 8:20 pm

My hand held UHFs cause interference to my B&Z booster when im using it, but thats to be expected when the radio antenna is pert-near touching the cabling. As for the GPS, it could be similar to the effect that the pin-pointers have when the sig from the coil plays havoc with the little coil in the pin-pointer..... possibly same deal with the small GPS antenna.??? scratch

After all, the GPS is only a receiver. Some on and off tests with the GPS will confirm this while the detector is running. Both my GPSs cause no problems to my detector...one is used to mark camp while the other is in suspend mode tracking my every move.

Interesting stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 6:54 am

My mobile causes my 4000 to play up when its switched on. Looks like I will have to leave it back at camp instead of down the front of my grundies.
I had grown rather fond of the vibrate mode and the microwaves keeps ya cods warm on those frosty mornings. Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 8:43 am

CrustyGus wrote:
I had grown rather fond of the vibrate mode and the microwaves keeps ya cods warm on those frosty mornings. Wink

You've got the alarm set to go off every 30 seconds Razz fall asleep easy do ya Razz lol!

After watching "Get Smart" on telly and his shoe phone i dont even trust me boots anymore Suspect Suspect
Its Fongs for me from now on Razz Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 10:54 am

Crazy Pete wrote:
CrustyGus wrote:

You've got the alarm set to go off every 30 seconds Razz fall asleep easy do ya Razz lol!

Ya read me like a book mate! Was even gunna sew a special pocket onto the front,but the Doc told me I`d end up with hard boiled nads......small price to pay me thinks Razz what does he know anyway tongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 1:26 pm

cheers gps interfearence 3179412840

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum