Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Use of detctor in goldfields of WA

4 posters

Go down

Use of detctor in goldfields of WA Empty Use of detctor in goldfields of WA

Post by Peter22 Sat 29 Sep 2012, 7:46 pm

One day with trading in my old detector I would buy a GPX 5000,but in mean time I have to use what I have in metal detector available to me for gold prospecting which is Tdi pro for gold prospecting. One smart person on internet stated the metal detector is only tool in operator hands. So I strongly believe this is to be true ,but with a wrong tool your chances are somehow limited to the extent of tool capability to work in point of use and location as far as metal detectors go. Limitation of use with any detector about location and use comes the question of use of TDI pro in goldfields of WA and high mineralization on such locations Any one has experience with TDI pro in WA. I used TDI pro in Victoria with some success , but my plan is to make adventure trip and any experience from anyone will help .Prospecting trips is my hobby so I have only limited time on holiday for prospecting and do not go in field sometimes for months ,trips to WA will be adventure on Christmas and by that time I have to look the detector and scramble my memory how to us it in different location a situation far from perfect understanding of my metal detector not mention a coil and which one to use. Using a razorback coil or a nugget finder coil is a matter of selecting coil on preference of color for me as I do not see yet the difference. As far which one I use is only matter of selecting a size of coil for location ,so it is far from expert knowledge .Any advice, experience ?
Thank you
Peter

Peter22

Back to top Go down

Use of detctor in goldfields of WA Empty Use of detctor in goldfields of WA

Post by albo Sat 29 Sep 2012, 8:55 pm

Hi Peter, Not putting you off at all, but id schedule your prospecting in WA for easter , not christmas ,if the 47 deg days dont getya , the barstard flies will drill ya, cheers albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Use of detctor in goldfields of WA Empty Re: Use of detctor in goldfields of WA

Post by Peter22 Sat 29 Sep 2012, 9:41 pm

Hi Albo
Thanks, this is a good advice I know ,with lots of not exactly favorable situation for me if I go, the flies and heat ,water availability in desert .I was at Karratha last year in January, and camel back was necessity but that was working in gas plant where air-conditioned crib room was available, so it is not that I’m keen to get fried in desert sun, but it is a only time where I can go, so preparation ,preparation and some adventure spirit and luck will be with me I sincerely hope ,but the rest of it is yet to see. If worst come to worst and I cannot handle it ,I can always go and try luck in beach hunting around Perth where help is close by. But in mean time the adventure is getting the best of me and I have to try, but that doesn’t mean I’m’ taking this trip lightly. Any advice is greatly appreciated and harshness of some places of WA is well known ,so a preparation is key to success .But without trying to do it .It is as the old saying in one book try, try until you succeed, if you want something one has to try first.
Peter

Peter22

Back to top Go down

Post by Biggest Kev Sat 29 Sep 2012, 10:18 pm

Thats the spirit Peter, go get'em son.

Kev
Biggest Kev
Biggest Kev

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Sep 2012, 6:54 am

Peter, there is next to no information about the TDI Pro's performance in Australia-either good or bad.
If people are having great success with them they not talking about it.
I guess you read the Whites forum so no need for me to tell you about it.
I have a friend who has had one since it came out and has not found any gold yet but he raves on about the discrimination ability of the machime
Since you have had success with yours, I would suggest you get out as often as you can locally and try all
manner of settings in a variety of ground.

Good luck

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by albo Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:03 pm

Hi Peter22 , appoligies for my comments about the conditions chrissy times & took you for a Sydney[ RING TOWN SOFTY] So thats good you did a few hard yards in summer at Ktown which can be worse there with the 90 percent humidity on top of it as well. Cant help you with your detector mate as im sold on minelabs &only used up to the 3500 when they were in vogue & still use it to have a pissy shuffle with it now & then between jobs. If you are coming all this way & dont update to a 5000 or a 4500 try even a minelab extreme [ which was better than the 3500 IN MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION i might add ] & cheap too these days . The big boys will go over your work with the new gear & get a few more bits ,so what , the first hit in a patch in my experience is the best, regardless off the model of minelab SD detector. cheers Peter and if you target some areas send me a pm & if iv been there il help you out mate. albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by K town swinger Sun 30 Sep 2012, 9:21 pm

Hey mate if your that keen drop us a PM and we'll sort something out.I still detect in the 45's but need to hit the air con of a night after a day in the sweat,blood and flies.Give Ray a bell at pilbara prospecting in k town and maybe hire a 5K for your time,you won't regret it.TDI's don't handle the k town spots where you will get nugs.... pirat pirat pirat

K town swinger

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter22 Mon 01 Oct 2012, 8:15 pm

Thanks very much to you all, it is all good advice, hopefully someone with Tdi can put some light here as well .What coils are you folks using on minelabs for hunting over there in WA.I know the coils on Minelab will fit the Tdi, but what is a general coil for goldfield mono, DD or which size is preferred wich coil most of the old timers use in WA to find the big one Wink .
Thanks for advice Peter

Peter22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down