Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gold Deposition

3 posters

Go down

Gold Deposition Empty Gold Deposition

Post by Rege-PA Tue 10 Jul 2012, 10:59 pm

:?: Up Hill...Down Hill.
While detecting in WA I was told that the bigger pieces are usually down hill from the patch and as the gold thins out thats where the occasional bigger piece might be found. Shocked This is opposite of what usually takes place on a downward slope with the small gold getting to the bottom first and the bigger pieces not far from the reef. Have others found this to be true :?:

Rege-PA

Back to top Go down

Gold Deposition Empty Re: Gold Deposition

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jul 2012, 12:12 am

G'day Rege

I think both are true, the larger gold can be both up and down the bottom of the slope, reason is what used to be up is now down and vice versa.
I have found the largest nuggets at the bottom of slopes and smallest at the top of slopes, then there;s always the fact that the smaller gold may have shed from a thin leader higher up, and the big gold from a bigger better contact zone lower down the slope.
Certainly gets the brain goin thats for sure.
When you find out the absolute truth please tell me so i can sleep. Razz

Pete

PS - I also always asume that anything written in classic styled mining and geological texts
is given as being in the perfect geological situation, which never happens.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jul 2012, 5:05 am

okay......here is one of my biggest secrets.......if you look care fully...you might find.....the smallest nuggetts to the south of the patch...the last main water movement ...went south......the edges of the rocks along the 100 metere high south coast fault(nullabour)....are difinitve evidence this did not occur long ago....max 10,000 years.....the official record will have you believe this occured millions of years ago....yet this is a deliberate lie.......i say again...a deliberate lie.....

Back to top Go down

Post by Someday Wed 11 Jul 2012, 11:31 am

Actually a good topic Razz

From what i've read ovu the years, Aussie land eroded from east to west ??

If your lucky enough to be diggen a target an start finden rivu rock, have a f-ing good looksee!
7 times outu 10 the rocks a'l be stacked / layered in the opposite direction to the slope of land ??

and if yu real lucky they'l be arranged at right angles to the slope wegr

Cheers
Chris.
Someday
Someday

Back to top Go down

Gold Deposition Empty Gold Deposition

Post by albo Wed 11 Jul 2012, 8:28 pm

Bigger gold at the bottom of a run, seen it myself, met a old loamer dish prospector in nullagine & his view was at the start of the weathering the small gold goes first, then in time the big ones overtake & get to the bottom.albo.
albo
albo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down