Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ipad ?

+3
toad
Bignuggs
Alan WA
7 posters

Go down

Ipad ? Empty Ipad ?

Post by Alan WA Mon 02 Jul 2012, 10:06 am

Can you access tenegraph on an Ipad or any other tablet?

Alan

Alan WA

Back to top Go down

Ipad ? Empty Re: Ipad ?

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jul 2012, 2:21 pm

Gday Alan

I think the citrix module needed to run TG is only windows compatible, could be wrong but that would be the crux of doin it.

Pete

Back to top Go down

Post by Bignuggs Mon 02 Jul 2012, 2:27 pm

Here's some info from DMPWA about software requirements.

http://www.dmp.wa.gov.au/4742.aspx

Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Mon 02 Jul 2012, 2:47 pm

Try this: Citrix for Android

http://www.citrix.com/English/ss/downloads/details.asp?downloadId=1864551&productId=1689163

You can also run Oziexplorer on Android tablets.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Jul 2012, 3:02 pm

Good work fella's Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan WA Mon 02 Jul 2012, 4:06 pm

Thanks for the replies.
I went to the local Telstra shop and asked the guy behind the counter.
He knew what I was talking about and said you cant on
an Ipod yet but the DMP was working on it.

I know an Iphone has good coverage so I assume the Ipad to be the same.
The similar Samsung Galaxy doesn't have the same range, both on Telstra NextG.

Trying to get my head around this stuff...

Alan

Alan WA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jul 2012, 5:17 pm

Isn't Android a Google-made platform? Does it use Windows?

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by toad Wed 04 Jul 2012, 5:51 pm

(1) Android is an open source operating system. Google has had a bit to do with it.
(2) No, Android is an operating system itself the same as Windows is an operating system or Linux is an operating system.
toad
toad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jul 2012, 9:10 pm

toad wrote:(1) Android is an open source operating system. Google has had a bit to do with it.
(2) No, Android is an operating system itself the same as Windows is an operating system or Linux is an operating system.

Personally would be looking to go down another route. with a thinkpad portable laptop, small great battery life and full compatibility with the software required.

Android is open source however Google has more than a bit to do with it. Google is the base developer and releases the os to the public. It is is Google's operating system in the same way that windows is Microsoft's operating system.

cheers,

burnsy

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG GEM Wed 27 Mar 2013, 8:57 pm

IPAD and HEMA inquiry
I have the latest IPad V6.1.3 and wish to load HEMA maps on for the purpose of assisting our prospecting trips by tracking our trip and locations. Can anybody assist me on how to go about this. e.g., do we have to purchase Oz Explorer as well. Do we also have to have purchase a Telstra 3G or 4G and Wifi.
Many thanks

Little Gem

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Post by goldpan Thu 28 Mar 2013, 12:34 am

i use samsung galaxy tab2 with oziexplorer,the inbuilt gpsr on the samsung picks up at least 14 sats.works really good.

goldpan

Back to top Go down

Post by mulgadansa Thu 28 Mar 2013, 7:24 am

Gday Goldpan
I was thinking about getting a Samsung Galaxy Note2. Checked in the Telstra shop in Gero and the girl tells me the gps only operates within the cell. Is that right? Also, gps data is charged same as other data, is that right? Already got Ozice on another gps but was thinking about rolling everything into one unit, camera, gps, net, etc. but having a rethink after being told the latest from Telstra.
cheers
Brett
mulgadansa
mulgadansa

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG GEM Thu 28 Mar 2013, 1:59 pm

Hi Guys, checked with HEMA this morning. HEMA explained how the software interacts with Apple Ipad. Basically, one can download all the Australian maps onto the Ipad (2GB) and it can do all the tracking, waypoints etc.. without having to purchase Ozi-Explorer (which doesn't work on an Ipad) and without having to purchase a Telstra 3G or WiFi.
Hope this helps anybody out there.
Cheers
Little Gem

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Post by Gwalia23 Thu 28 Mar 2013, 5:25 pm

Goldpan,
Is your Galaxy Tab the basic WiFi model or the 3G model
Getting differing info from shops as whether the Basic WiFi model has an inbuilt GPS or not
Or Little Gem is your iPad the 3G model
Cheers
Gwalia23

Gwalia23

Back to top Go down

Post by BIG GEM Thu 28 Mar 2013, 7:50 pm

Hi Gwalia23
Yes, my IPad is the 3G model. Downloaded the maps today and working fine. Will test the tracking etc., on local spots next week.
I recently went on a DMP GeoView course. They advised they are devising an App for IPad but until it comes out (not sure when), we are happy to use both Mines Dept data and HEMA maps.
Gwalia23. Used to live in Gwalia for a short number of years late 80's. Loved the place and the people.
Cheers
Little Gem

BIG GEM

Back to top Go down

Post by goldpan Thu 28 Mar 2013, 7:53 pm

basic wifi model ,it was $199,pretty happy with it so far,and it beats plugging my etrex10 into the laptop,much more portable and the screen is surprisingly good at reducing glare.the inbuilt gpsr on the tab 2 works flawlessly with ozi android.
but i tried to import a shapefile into ozi-android and failed,could easily do it with the full software but not sure about ozi android.....probably needs to be updated ,anyone?

goldpan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down