Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't get too close!

3 posters

Go down

Don't get too close! Empty Don't get too close!

Post by edwood Sat 30 Jun 2012, 8:16 am

Q. How do I "tune out" the detector that may be used in my vicinity ie makes mine go crazy.
Or how far apart does me and me mate need to be to not interfere.

Cheers for the help
Edwood

edwood

Back to top Go down

Don't get too close! Empty Re: Don't get too close!

Post by Guest Sat 30 Jun 2012, 12:33 pm

G'day Edwood, It really depends on a lot of things as to how close you can get to another detector. I have experienced being so close we shouldn't be able to get that close, then on the other hand there have been times when we can't get anywhere near each other. Things like weather and settings etc make this difference I imagine.

Doing an auto tune will help, as will lowering settings like gain etc. Bit of a trial and error thing out in the field really.

Back to top Go down

Post by MarkVic Mon 02 Jul 2012, 1:26 pm

Hi Edwood, As goldstalkergpx mentioned there are several factors at play here, eg what model machine you are using, what coils you are using and what settings you are using. From my experience if you are using a GPX model machine you can change the "Manual tune" which will sometimes allow you to get closer. Normally you can hear your machine start to play up as you get closer so you only need to have a look how far away he/she is and try and keep that distance. I often only discover someone else is around when I start to hear that sound. As a matter of interest it is good gold field manners to move away or turn off your machine if you start to interfere with someone else. Depending on who has the biggest coil on will decide who gets the first indication that someone else is close.
Cheers Mark
MarkVic
MarkVic

Back to top Go down

Post by Inhere Mon 02 Jul 2012, 6:23 pm

Hi, I'm still using the 3500 but I find the manual tune is the best for this. Wink
Inhere
Inhere

Back to top Go down

Post by edwood Mon 02 Jul 2012, 7:56 pm

Thanks fellas. Great help again.

edwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down