Detecting West Australian Gold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Finally got another one!

3 posters

Go down

Finally got another one! Empty Finally got another one!

Post by pilbarachad Mon 28 May 2012, 7:30 pm

A mate and i went bush for a few days looking for gold with high hopes, but after 2 days and not much luck we were feeling a bit down.

Final morning we get up and decide we will do a quick hour or so detect before heading off home. We decided to hit a small valley where i had found a 6 grammer several months ago, at the time of finding it we had been short on time so never gave it the going over it deserved. We decided to hit it with opposite ends of the spectrum- my mate with his 11" mono and me with my 20" mono, i wasnt sure how deep the ground in the middle of the small valley was so thought id give it a go, i also took my goldbug 2 along just in case i had to dig a big hole and needed help pin pointing (wishful thinking hey).

My mates battery died with in 15 minutes so he headed back to the car pretty dejected, his trip was over and he still hadnt found his first gold Sad , i told him i wasnt far behind him. I worked this valley as hard as i have ever worked any ground, taking my time, low and slow, overlapping my swings and only moving forward about a 3rd of my coil with each swing. After giving it quite a going over and being acutely aware my mate was waiting for me i decided to head back to where i had placed my GB2, picked it up and copped an earful of interference in the process, slung it over my shoulder and then swung my coil over the ground where the GB2 had been and got a sweet little signal! At first i thought my goldbug had magnetised the ground temporarily or something weird like that! Anyway i dug down about 3 inches and scored a nice 6 grammer. 3 nuggets from this area and all 6 grammers-what is the chance of that??

Anyway had to get out of there shortly after- plan is to head back soon, get our hands on some smaller coils ( i think there are some small ones hiding there) and chain the shit out of it. Very Happy

Finally got another one! May20124
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Finally got another one! Empty Re: Finally got another one!

Post by pilbarachad Mon 28 May 2012, 7:32 pm

The 3 together

Finally got another one! May20123
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 May 2012, 8:25 pm

Nice goin, pity the mate didnt hit his 1st bit on this trip but there's always a next time ay.

Ya cant half tell them slugs have been mates for a fair while and
there just might be there large brother in the caprock with the look
of em.
3x6 = flog the livin shit outta that spot for sure Razz

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by the speciman Mon 28 May 2012, 8:47 pm

GDAY PILBARACHAD
you know the story m8 if theres 3x6grms there then theres 6x3 grms and 12 x 1.5 grms and 24 x .75
grms .
FOLLOW THE YELLA BRICK ROAD
good scratchin
cheers the speciman

the speciman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 28 May 2012, 9:02 pm

the speciman wrote:GDAY PILBARACHAD
you know the story m8 if theres 3x6grms there then theres 6x3 grms and 12 x 1.5 grms and 24 x .75
grms .
FOLLOW THE YELLA BRICK ROAD
good scratchin
cheers the speciman

:rolf: :rolf: :rolf: off the kwdf are we Razz Razz
Man my brain had trubs even reading that full on maths Shocked fghghg

ay - Lump of iron and some matches wegr then get l;wfh

Good onya Spaceman Razz lweg

Pete Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 May 2012, 4:13 am

Well done Chad.

666 ... hmmmm

Robert

Back to top Go down

Post by pilbarachad Tue 29 May 2012, 5:49 am

Thanks Pete - i hope you are right about the large brother.

Specimen - i like that maths mate, ill be stocked if it pans out that way. By the same thinking there may be a single 12 grammer aswell :?:

Goldnomad - the triple 6's is a bit weird isnt it-should i be worried Shocked

oh yeah the 3rd nugget (well actually the first one i found) didnt come from the same small valley, i got that a kilometre or so away- so thats another spot i still gotta get back to aswell.
pilbarachad
pilbarachad

Back to top Go down

Post by Flying kiwi Tue 29 May 2012, 6:27 am

good stuff mate Very Happy
been waiting for ya to ping a few more!! ya definately were due Cool

watch out for the speci he has a bit of indian in him, he will follow the smoke signals all the way from K town Suspect

cheers Tom

Flying kiwi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down